Poor motor #3

Reaction score
Hello experts! I am a complete noob when it comes to quadcopters as I proved when I crashed my Phantom into the pool. It's not my fault, the evergreen tree that tried to eat the Phantom spit it out there.

Don't worry, everything is working great (after a long drying out period) but I have one motor that does not spin. Believe it or not, I can go through complete pre-flight and get gps lock and start the motors, except for motor #3.

The only unusual thing (besides one rotor not spinning) is some beeping. Two quick beeps, silence, two quick beeps, silence.

I also notice that when I slowly spin the other motors, they spin with no friction. Motor #3 seems to have some resistance. There seems to be a very mild crunching, very much like my knee before I had surgery.

So experts, my medical plan does not include quadcopters, so I through myself to your advice!

Thank you in advance.

The tree may have deposited something inside the motor. Fir needles, pitch, or whatever, and may not have gotten
removed during the rinse cycle in the pool.

You will have to pull the motor apart, and carefully inspect everything. Also check to make sure none of the copper
windings are loose or broken.

Another possibility, is that the ESC board, is damaged. Do the LED lights under that motor work like the other three ?

Both the ESC, and motor are fairly inexpensive, but do require some amount of soldering skills to install.

Also, remember that the ESC's are going to be either red, or green, so get the correct one if needed.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4