Police asked if I flew my drone over a Power Plant

Absolutely correct. However nominations for the Darwin Award are still open.

I don't see the connection between disagreeing and a Darwin Award nomination. Please enlighten me.

http://www.pressherald.com/2015/03/...-filming-portland-police-officer-win-lawsuit/

"Portland settles lawsuit filed by couple charged after filming police vehicle stop
They sued for false arrest and now will get $72,000 in a case involving the rights of citizens to shoot video of officer conduct."

Just a quick example I located.

Great example of letting the system work. Instead of being charged with interfering with a police officer or resisting arrest the couple can now purchase 20 Inspires paid for the Portland PD. my point was simple. Never argue with a cop. Most of the time they don't give a **** whether you are right or wrong and often will hurt you (on purpose or accident) as they subdue you into the car.

Reactions: 750r
I don't see the connection between disagreeing and a Darwin Award nomination. Please enlighten me.

I am truly Sorry that my comment was stupid and was overkill. All I was trying to say is that arguing with a cop about the law is going to, at best, get you nothing, at worst, arrested and or hurt.

Jeff, thanks for that. I agree with you on not arguing with a cop. Additionally, there are some cops who don't know the law and are actually enforcing nothing but their own opinions. I've had mostly good encounters with police by being respectful and friendly. If your point is that one can not argue with a cop and win, I agree with you 100%. Save it for the courtroom, or even better, avoid the courtroom altogether.

I'm interested in your signature. As a P2V+ driver who's thinking about a P3P, I'd like to PM you about your experiences with both.

Clipper - you asked about opinion or advice of laws in your area, and all you say in your profile is "Southeast Asia". How can anyone respond when that could be anywhere in south China, east of India, New Guinea and Australia? I am sure the rules are quite different in each.

I have never been approached by police or even rent-a-cops, but in the US only the FAA can declare an area as "no-fly".

Since I installed the Flytrex Live on my Phantom, I am not worried about people accusing me of flying over a sensitive area because I can show the exact flight path later. (And find my drone if it disappears).

Steve, I'm normally in California and that's where I was when I started this thread. This is an old post and I'm actually surprised to see it resurrected again.

I'm traveling at this time and have had a few experiences with local governments very recently, though that wasn't the original topic of this post. I just recently updated my location status to reflect my current expeditionary status.

Thanks!

Steve, I'm normally in California and that's where I was when I started this thread. This is an old post and I'm actually surprised to see it resurrected again.

I'm traveling at this time and have had a few experiences with local governments very recently, though that wasn't the original topic of this post. I just recently updated my location status to reflect my current expeditionary status.

Thanks!
:eek:Clipper...ya mean ya really in those places ya been posting about and the video's of them and not in SF !!! Thought ya was just messing with us !!
Steve....ya need ta get out more often ! ;)
facepalm.jpg

just messing with ya Steve :D

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4