PolarPro new improved ND filters coming soon?

Received mine yesterday as well and seem lighter and they thread perfect. Much better...thanks PolarPro!

Get version 2 of the filter pack today and they threaded smooth and nice! Great work PolarPro! Much better design!
Did you weigh the new version filter? I'm still most concerned about the weight - and frankly cannot understand why the 1st version was made with such a hefty housing, adding far too much weight.

Received mine yesterday as well and seem lighter and they thread perfect. Much better...thanks PolarPro!

Yes, they seems lot better, got mine this morning. Not yet tested in flight, but gimbal on the P3A is working fine!

Did you weigh the new version filter? I'm still most concerned about the weight - and frankly cannot understand why the 1st version was made with such a hefty housing, adding far too much weight.
New Weights:
PL: 4.64 g
ND4: 4.06 g
ND8: 4:06 g
ND16: 3.85 g
ND32: 3.47 g

The net weight added to the gimbal with these filters is 2 grams or less. This is about as light of a glass filter you can make without making it so thin that you push through it while cleaning.

Reactions: nobr3ga
So a question on color purity.. Looking at another post here comparing filters (and not sure if these are series 1 or 2). The Polar Pro tend to be very warm based on the OPs test against DJI and other brands. Any ND filter should not alter color.. Against a gray background, gray should remain gray (just darker).. The RGB values should be as close as possible to one another (against assuming a neutral gray). Have you done tests for color balance??

Detailed comparison of commonly used ND filters

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20