PolarPro new improved ND filters coming soon?

Reaction score
I and other users have many questions about the second go around with PolarPro filters.
1. Weight? 2. Threading issue fixed? 3. When available? 4. Price?

Hi Craig!
We did make a few modifications to the 2nd set of filters for the Phantom 3

1. We were able to reduce weight, at this time I don't have final weights, but we were able to shave some weight.

2. With the first batch we did test fitment on our 5 Phantom3's here before sending filters out, however we learned that the tolerance range on the P3 Camera was much larger than out 5 quads showed, so they fit some cameras great, and others not at all. We opened up the threads on the next set to account for the large variance.

3. We are completely out of stock on the Phantom 3 filters right now. The 2nd gen 6-Packs will be shipping July 12th, and the 3-Packs will be shipping July17th. There is a possibility we get them sooner however we can not commit to that yet.

4. Prices are the same: 6-Pack is $149.99 (PL, ND8, ND16, ND32, ND8/PL, ND16/PL) and the 3-Pack is $69.99 (PL, ND4, ND8).

We also have a lot of new variations we are working on and excited to get them live soon!

As always, any questions, suggestions, or feedback is encouraged. E: [email protected] P: 949.220.9395

Reactions: ctp
Hi Jeff,

I shot a email to you guys to ask if i can swap out my unopened Gen1 P3 set for the newer kits coming out as you noted. Please let me know if this is possible. I would pay for shipping both ways.

Hi Craig!
We did make a few modifications to the 2nd set of filters for the Phantom 3

1. We were able to reduce weight, at this time I don't have final weights, but we were able to shave some weight.

2. With the first batch we did test fitment on our 5 Phantom3's here before sending filters out, however we learned that the tolerance range on the P3 Camera was much larger than out 5 quads showed, so they fit some cameras great, and others not at all. We opened up the threads on the next set to account for the large variance.

3. We are completely out of stock on the Phantom 3 filters right now. The 2nd gen 6-Packs will be shipping July 12th, and the 3-Packs will be shipping July17th. There is a possibility we get them sooner however we can not commit to that yet.

4. Prices are the same: 6-Pack is $149.99 (PL, ND8, ND16, ND32, ND8/PL, ND16/PL) and the 3-Pack is $69.99 (PL, ND4, ND8).

We also have a lot of new variations we are working on and excited to get them live soon!

As always, any questions, suggestions, or feedback is encouraged. E: [email protected] P: 949.220.9395

Jeff and Dave,
Thanks for the summary. Am glad you guys are plugged into this community and provide perspective on what happened to the first batch of filters. You guys have a lot of experience making filters for gopros and P2V+, so completely understand when the thread tolerance range is different. Your model is still the lightest glass filter on the market! So, as I mentioned in email, I'm keeping the one filter that fits [emoji3]

I noticed you updated your guidance on what ND to use for different situations. For instance, it use to say ND4 for party cloud days. Now on the six pack page it says to use ND8 for these conditions. I also noticed SRP gave similar guidance. Is this due to the P3 camera that is different than P2V+ camera or something? Seems like there will be little use for ND4 going forward.

Reactions: loganr
what i dont understand is why you offer the CP filter in the set? A set ND4, ND8 and ND16 would be much better und more useful. A CP is not so useful in the air because you have to adjust it.

Hi Jeff,

I shot a email to you guys to ask if i can swap out my unopened Gen1 P3 set for the newer kits coming out as you noted. Please let me know if this is possible. I would pay for shipping both ways.
We absolutely will swap these out for you or anyone else who would like to, just shoot me an email and either myself or Dan will get it all set up for you.

Jeff and Dave,
Thanks for the summary. Am glad you guys are plugged into this community and provide perspective on what happened to the first batch of filters. You guys have a lot of experience making filters for gopros and P2V+, so completely understand when the thread tolerance range is different. Your model is still the lightest glass filter on the market! So, as I mentioned in email, I'm keeping the one filter that fits
emoji3.png

I noticed you updated your guidance on what ND to use for different situations. For instance, it use to say ND4 for party cloud days. Now on the six pack page it says to use ND8 for these conditions. I also noticed SRP gave similar guidance. Is this due to the P3 camera that is different than P2V+ camera or something? Seems like there will be little use for ND4 going forward.

I would say that it is all personal preference to how much you want to slow down the shutter speed. There is no real cookie cutter answer, some people prefer a slower shutter speed (like using the 180 degree shutter rule) and some people prefer a faster shutter and just want to knock down shutter speed a couple stops to reduce jello.

I personally like to shoot with a 1/60th shutter speed so I use the ND4 when I need to knock the shutter down 2 stops, this would usually be on a pretty cloudy day, or evening hours. I like having a wide range of filters for a variety of lighting conditions, and also different film looks.

what i dont understand is why you offer the CP filter in the set? A set ND4, ND8 and ND16 would be much better und more useful. A CP is not so useful in the air because you have to adjust it.
That is a great question, I use CP filters all the time when filming around water. You are absolutely correct, it is a bit tedious to take the time to set the polarization using a monitor before take off, however the end results can be stellar. I usually horizontally polarize the scene (just like sunglasses) where it covers the broadest range of reflections.

If you are trying to get real high production quality shots you will want to align the polarizer for each shot. It takes time but the results can be awesome. For most P3 pilots just horizontally polarizing the scene will be sufficient.

Jeff

That is a great question, I use CP filters all the time when filming around water. You are absolutely correct, it is a bit tedious to take the time to set the polarization using a monitor before take off, however the end results can be stellar. I usually horizontally polarize the scene (just like sunglasses) where it covers the broadest range of reflections.

If you are trying to get real high production quality shots you will want to align the polarizer for each shot. It takes time but the results can be awesome. For most P3 pilots just horizontally polarizing the scene will be sufficient.

Jeff

Is there any marking on the CP filter indicating horizontal?

I have filters ordered on Amazon for shipment Arriving Wed, Jul 8 - Fri, Jul 17. Am I to assume I will automatically receive the new version?

Z

I have filters ordered on Amazon for shipment Arriving Wed, Jul 8 - Fri, Jul 17. Am I to assume I will automatically receive the new version?

Z
Hi Z, Amazon is a mess right now, for some reason taking preorders at $49.99. They are never going to ship those orders because we are not sending stock to them. If you see the listing for $69.99 that will be our listing, and it will be for the new version when available.

Reactions: Dov
Hi Z, Amazon is a mess right now, for some reason taking preorders at $49.99. They are never going to ship those orders because we are not sending stock to them. If you see the listing for $69.99 that will be our listing, and it will be for the new version when available.
Thnx.

Glad to see PolarPro folks here! Such great feedback working with customers and all that I'm going to purchase a 3-pack set. Hope the July 17 shipping date can be sooner. :)

I have been waiting for a few weeks for a PolarPro 3-pack from B&H, and just cancelled it this morning because I didn't want to wait. I would like if the ND filters were polarized as well to keep the glare down. I went with the PhantomFilters.com 3-pack for now. The price with shipping is right.

Reactions: PhantomFilters
I have been waiting for a few weeks for a PolarPro 3-pack from B&H, and just cancelled it this morning because I didn't want to wait. I would like if the ND filters were polarized as well to keep the glare down. I went with the PhantomFilters.com 3-pack for now. The price with shipping is right.

Thanks ancherman. FYI, I'm now shipping US/Canadian orders from the US (Arizona) for even faster delivery. European (and rest of the world) orders are shipped from Europe (Denmark).

As you might have seen on my website, I now offer a Polarizer-filter (POL-filter) - that I think works great together with an ND-filter. They can both be installed at the same time, inserted into the UV-filter (the front part of the DJI-camera that unscrews).

I have a set and it's hard to tread on...

Is poplarpro going to get a graduated ND filter? This is what I think will be the most useful to me.

I have a set and it's hard to tread on...

Is poplarpro going to get a graduated ND filter? This is what I think will be the most useful to me.
Shoot me an email: [email protected], our Updated designs just came in and they thread on easier. We do have a GND and a couple other GRAD filters launching soon.

I bought the 6-pack.
They should have arrived today in a postbox from DHL. Will post results.

Get version 2 of the filter pack today and they threaded smooth and nice! Great work PolarPro! Much better design!

Reactions: PolarPro

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj