PolarPro Cinema Series filters

I really like the cinema series filters. They are very easy to clean and provide clear, vivid imaging. They work best when shooting in a single direction. It's a little challenging with waypoints as the orientation to the sun changes and polarization will appear different (particularly noticeable in the sky). This is not unique to these filters, but evident with any polarizer. Here are two of my clips using these filters.
Did you any color grading/correction? Nice videos . Also what filters do you have vivid or shutter collection?

Did you any color grading/correction? Nice videos . Also what filters do you have vivid or shutter collection?
Yes I did color grade and I shoot in D-Log. But the key is to record the best possible image since D-Log is really a digital filter not RAW. I used the original Cinema series now dubbed Vivid w/ a shiny new casing.

Two possibly dumb questions.

What is the difference between an ND16 and an ND16/PL? I know what ND and PL mean but I'm not clear on what PL adds/detracts from just NDxx by itself. I was hoping to find some side-by-side comparison stills but can't find any.

And does anyone have any side-by-side comparison videos of the various filters flying the same path at near the same time and conditions so I can see the benefit of the filters?

Reactions: Margaret Wolf
Well the weekend is here and I finally got to take flight with the new filters. It's amazing how much better the photos and videos come out when you setup the equipment correctly. The ND16/PL has been amazing today and I can already see the need for an ND32!

View attachment 52941
I was JUST about to buy the other ones (the $69 package with 4/8/polar) but decided to hold off because they didn't have it in stock. These are better than those? I didn't read the thread. What makes this one better than the non-cinema set?

By the way, my new bird is has such an amazing picture (my new second P4) that I can't imagine it looking better. I am a post guy but I love to get quality image in production first. Optics over 0s and 1s always. So worth the $99? Sweet. I'm ordering today.

Check out my video shot with my p4 today testing out polarprosfilters the 69$ set and mainly active track orbiting around some boats . Did some minor color enhancements . Let me know what you thinkhttps://youtu.be/mH1d2jtlXk4

Check out my video shot with my p4 today testing out polarprosfilters the 69$ set and mainly active track orbiting around some boats . Did some minor color enhancements . Let me know what you thinkhttps://youtu.be/mH1d2jtlXk4

I was JUST about to buy the other ones (the $69 package with 4/8/polar) but decided to hold off because they didn't have it in stock. These are better than those? I didn't read the thread. What makes this one better than the non-cinema set?

By the way, my new bird is has such an amazing picture (my new second P4) that I can't imagine it looking better. I am a post guy but I love to get quality image in production first. Optics over 0s and 1s always. So worth the $99? Sweet. I'm ordering today.

The Cinema Series is stated to have better glass. I bought it primarily because of the the higher ND filters not so much because they are all polarized.--I'm typically using ND16. I'm a beginner so I'm still learning but thus far have been very happy with he results.

The Cinema Series is stated to have better glass. I bought it primarily because of the the higher ND filters not so much because they are all polarized.--I'm typically using ND16. I'm a beginner so I'm still learning but thus far have been very happy with he results.
Thanks for the input!

Reactions: Chopstix Kid
I got taco filters and find them heavy for the gimble assembly .
Also the cover want fit on it .
Dji advised me on an email bellow that they don't recommend them and there might be a warrantee issue
I will return them and perhaps someone can recommend the right on for the dji 4 gimble
Thx
Ari

Storeagent03 (DJI)
5月12日 21:02

Dear Danikas,

Thank you very much for your email. Sorry to let you know that we do not recommend you to add other accessories on Phantom 4, because once if it caused any damage, the warranty for your Phantom 4 will be waived. Hope you could understand.

If you need any other help, please feel free to let me know.

Wish you have a great day.

Warm regards,
DJI Online Store

The Cinema Series are a slightly better grade glass, and are multi-coated for reducing lens flaring. The Cinema Series also have some stronger ND filters. The multi-coating makes a difference with less flaring when shooting into the sun, etc.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Jeff

The Cinema Series are a slightly better grade glass, and are multi-coated for reducing lens flaring. The Cinema Series also have some stronger ND filters. The multi-coating makes a difference with less flaring when shooting into the sun, etc.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Jeff
Thank you for that info! It might just have swayed me back to the other pack because I ABAOLITELY LOVE the lens flares of the clear stock uv glass. I've got some of the most atherial amazing photos and videos from it. Personal choice but lens flares are artistic looking to me while I understand others don't.

Does the cinema pack fit in the P3s too? The other ones do so if they don't, that would make me want them more for some reason.

Would be nice to be loaded enough to not care about price and get all of them. Have to pick the money battles and frankly I'm completely fine right now with the uv clear and CC in post.

Honestly, I just want the polarizer to get that slow mo look at the beach. It makes rolling waves (a polarizer) look amazing.

Thank you for that info! It might just have swayed me back to the other pack because I ABAOLITELY LOVE the lens flares of the clear stock uv glass. I've got some of the most atherial amazing photos and videos from it. Personal choice but lens flares are artistic looking to me while I understand others don't.

Does the cinema pack fit in the P3s too? The other ones do so if they don't, that would make me want them more for some reason.

Would be nice to be loaded enough to not care about price and get all of them. Have to pick the money battles and frankly I'm completely fine right now with the uv clear and CC in post.

Honestly, I just want the polarizer to get that slow mo look at the beach. It makes rolling waves (a polarizer) look amazing.

Nice!
Yah the polarizer can make a big difference when shooting near water!

If you like lens flaring, then stick with the CP/ND4/ND8 three pack.

Thanks for supporting our brand!

Jeff

Reactions: Jussaguy
Bought a Gripper Pole, and the ND64 lens. Being in the desert. I think this was the best choice for now :)

Reactions: PolarPro
Just order both sets actually. Looking forward to trying these out.

I have to say, I bought the 6 piece set from polar pro, had a problem with two filters and they were replaced quickly and at no charge with the professional version.
Thanks Jeff!
And you sent them to me in New Zealand despite me buying them via my sister in the states. No questions asked. You can't beat good service.

I too recently purchased the Vivid Cinema Series Filters for my P3P and they are really good. Jeff is right I have noticed a difference when shooting sunsets/sunrises. I've only had them a few weeks but so far they great. Even better they threw in a lens case! I've used PolarPro filters for a while so I wasn't surprised when I got these.
Also Jeff you got mail!

Reactions: PolarPro

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik