POL + ND filters at the same time

Reaction score
Hello.
What can you suggest apart from gel filters - I need some classic filters (glass) but I need ND + POL filters at the same time.
Are there filters that come ND+POL filters mounted at the same time?

I saw PolarPro (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Polarpro-P...479578906&sr=8-1&keywords=polar+pro+phantom+4) but I think that comes with adjustable POL filters that are known to make small distortions.
And since picture quality is a most important in my business I can`t have any distorsions.

And Im looking for lightweight solutions so I dont need to mount and counterweights.
Can anyone help?

I have Polarpro ND PL. I can spin the glass in circles until the cows come home. Polarizers work best if flying a constant angle to the sun. The type of flying most of us do is quite eratic, so yeah, one gets some wierd color gradients in the sky at some angles. I just picked up some Gradient filters and am looking forward to seeing how they help to balance the bright sky with the dark earth.

Does somebody have ND PL that are two pieces of glass? I don't think mine are. Should I take another look?

NoCo Drones

I am going to presume that you have Phantom 4. I use these:. They are ND polarizers. https://www.amazon.com/PolarPro-Pha...79600668&sr=1-1-spell&keywords=polar+pro+vivd

Flash Buddy is correct you get the most polarizing effect 90 degrees from the sun . Since we do not have the ability to constantly adjust the filter as we would with a DSLR, I put the craft on a table that I orient 90 degrees from the sun and adjust the filter till I get maximum polarizing. ( you can see the effect on the Screen and you will notice the effect on the EV reading) for this application you will have the greatest effect when the EV is lowest while rotating the filter.

To clarify:

Filters for the Phantom 3 Advanced, Phantom 3 Pro, and Phantom 4 are interchangeable; if they fit any one of those models they'll fit the other two. (By the way, they will NOT fit the Autel Robotics X-Star.)

Polar Pro makes 2 different kinds of combination ND/Polarized filters:
The links in post #1 and post #4 are for Polar Pro combination filters that have rotatable polarized filters, enabling the user to change the axis (and therefore the degree) of polarization.

The link in post #2 is for Polar Pro combination filters that have a fixed polarizer lens which cannot be rotated.

I got a set of the ND+ PL with my P4. They work great and the price is right, i would recommend and they have a rotating ring that allows adjustment while keeping the filter tight.
Price is great but im still looking for fixed ND+POL filters.
BTW, do someone can share their experience with Rainbowers filters? What about their POL and ND filters?

Price is great but im still looking for fixed ND+POL filters.
BTW, do someone can share their experience with Rainbowers filters? What about their POL and ND filters?
Polar Pro is the only company I've ever heard of that makes fixed ND/POL filters. I linked to those filters, that will fit your drone, in post #2.

Those Neewer filters are definitely the lowest priced that I've seen, but they're not fixed.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20