PLUG N PLAY CABLE

Reaction score
I bought my plug n play cable for the fpv and iosdmini for my P2. Now, I have read that some people phantoms have burnt due to a bad wiring on the cable (wrong cables in the wrong position)

How can I check it?

Cheers

you have to be referring to that ONE guy that came in Tuesday, made a big post about burnt fingers, and subsequently has not returned for 2 days? (he still has a 1 post count)
1) that's not "people" ... that's 1 noob.
2) he said he had a 32ch transmitter... there are no plug and play cables for any 32 channel transmitters. The only 5.8Ghz, 32ch transmitters I'm aware of are the not-real-Boscam TS8xx series which do NOT have the standard Boscam pin configuration... even if there are some I'm not aware of, the PnP cables are only for the ImmersionRC 600mW (which is 7ch) or a real Boscam TS351, TS352, or TS353 (8ch each)

so one person vs the hundreds if not thousands on this forum alone having no issues when they pair the right cable with the right transmitter... I'm going with some sort of user error on that one.

Just like that guy, you don't mention exactly which transmitter you have :) and while you're at it, how about a link to the exact cable you bought?

your question: "how can I check it" - easy... understand the path the power and signal are supposed to follow, and just follow the wires while comparing them to the wiring diagrams of your equipment. Whatever transmitter you get should have a wiring diagram (or it's easy to look up online) ... just make sure the cable you install has the proper pin configuration. Most importantly is the power... there's red (power) and black (ground)... make sure they go into the proper power/ground plugs on the transmitter.

I haven't seen that guys post at all. Second of all I bought a fatshark 250MW, iosd mini, black pearl 7ch.

Gotch ya, I'll check when I get home.

Thanks

I did some googling and according to what I see, the Fatshark 250mW and ImmersionRC 600mW have the same pin configuration (as expected), so as long as you got this PnP cable, you should be all set.

On the power connector, the black/ground is on the outside, and red/power is on the "inside" next to the other connector.

I know they are compatible. I just wanted to know how to make sure the wiring were right.

Thank u anyway

QYV said:
2) he said he had a 32ch transmitter... there are no plug and play cables for any 32 channel transmitters.

Well you are wrong, I HAVE a Flysight TX5804 and it came with Plug and Play cables for Phantom 2. One set for just the video signal and one set if you have video and iOSD Mini (and some other cables to be used if you don´t have Phantom 2).

On the other hand you can´t put these cables wrong on a Phantom 2 since they only fit one way.

ExtraKim said:
QYV said:
2) he said he had a 32ch transmitter... there are no plug and play cables for any 32 channel transmitters.

Well you are wrong, I HAVE a Flysight TX5804 and it came with Plug and Play cables for Phantom 2. One set for just the video signal and one set if you have video and iOSD Mini (and some other cables to be used if you don´t have Phantom 2).

On the other hand you can´t put these cables wrong on a Phantom 2 since they only fit one way.

I don't mean to put them into the phantom u mean the actual wire. For example if the black cable is not in the right position

ExtraKim said:
QYV said:

I'm not infallible, and now I'm aware of one. Are there different versions of that TX5804? half the results I'm seeing say it's 7ch, the other half say it's 32ch.

there's still no widespread issue of PnP cables burning up transmitters

QYV said:
ExtraKim said:
QYV said:

I'm not infallible, and now I'm aware of one. Are there different versions of that TX5804? half the results I'm seeing say it's 7ch, the other half say it's 32ch.

there's still no widespread issue of PnP cables burning up transmitters
There´s two versions of the Flysight, the 7 chanel is for FatShark/ImmersionRc frequensies. The same goes for Flysight Black Pearl 7" monitor, the 7 chanel works with FatShark/ImmersionRc and FlySight 7 chanel TX and the 32 chanel works with the other TX out there.

The Flysight cable can´t be used wrong, it only fit one way in the TX, Phantom and iOSD Mini.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl