Plug n play battery mod

The txt file will be located on the device which uses the GO app. If is a ios device the info is below.

In iTunes:
  1. Click the icon to access your device
  2. Click 'Apps'
  3. Find 'DJI GO' in the Apps list and click it
  4. Under 'DJI GO Documents', click the 'FlightRecorder' folder
  5. Click 'Save to...' to save the log files to your computer. The .txt files is in those log files. Look for the most recent.
  6. Attach file to post in this thread.

Well, this just arrived! Don't think I'll get a chance to fly it this weekend. Looking forward to this though. I'm really surprised how heavy the splits are! That's a lot of extra weight that I guess the extra juice makes up for. This should be very interesting to see how it goes!

20160423_171740.jpg

Well, this just arrived! Don't think I'll get a chance to fly it this weekend. Looking forward to this though. I'm really surprised how heavy the splits are! That's a lot of extra weight that I guess the extra juice makes up for. This should be very interesting to see how it goes!

View attachment 51582

Can you share a link from where you've got this ? Thanks.

View attachment 51582
I can't wait till you can fly it Shock!
What aircraft using it on, and what area/temps will you be using it in?

P3 advanced. Temps in my area of NY during the day average 65 to 70 now, with nights around 40 to 50 or so.

I just received my package this morning, and finished charging the set....

@dirtybum am I supposed to connect the XT connecter as well as the balance connectors during flight?

We've found that the BALANCE connector is only necessary for charging but you can plug it in any way during flight just to tidy up loose ends. Good luck guys keep us posted

I was told by horizon that they are sending along a better slat mount for the splits. Looking forward to getting that as well.

I was told by horizon that they are sending along a better slat mount for the splits. Looking forward to getting that as well.
I just got a pair in the mail today from Tom, they look just like the ones in your picture, but I aint complainin , they look badass!

Well at least I got this together the way I want it. It is possible to keep the polar pro led kit on the bird as well, which is cool. I gotta say though man, the extra batteries make the bird seriously heavy. I mean like, heavy. How the heck does this thing fly?! I'm actually concerned about the extra stress on the motors to keep this thing airborne, which has to be a lot. These motors can't be rated to haul this much weight. How could it not shorten their life span? I guess I'll try a flight and see. Having it work out would be great. But all the extra weight makes me more than concerned.

20160424_013356.jpg

20160424_013534.jpg

Well at least I got this together the way I want it. It is possible to keep the polar pro led kit on the bird as well, which is cool. I gotta say though man, the extra batteries make the bird seriously heavy. I mean like, heavy. How the heck does this thing fly?! I'm actually concerned about the extra stress on the motors to keep this thing airborne, which has to be a lot. These motors can't be rated to haul this much weight. How could it not shorten their life span? I guess I'll try a flight and see. Having it work out would be great. But all the extra weight makes me more than concerned.

View attachment 51606

View attachment 51607
Interesting pics , what's mounted and wired to the upper shell ?

Interesting pics , what's mounted and wired to the upper shell ?
That's the module for the light kit.

Again, we aren't looking for perfect flying characteristics necessary for flying like a crazy monkey. We just need a stable gimbal for photography and FPV. None of the battery mod weight impacts the video stability, and after over 100 flights of 25-30 minures with an extra 500g of externals attached, it hasn't had any noticeable impact on the aircraft. The original W323 P3P rocks! :cool:
I'm gonna take that heavily into consideration because you have the prolonged experience. I'm completely new to it. Picking up the bird and feeling that weight is quite something. Might get a first flight in tomorrow.

Yer baby will be just fine Shock!
If yer #'s turn out lower than expect though u might have ditch some of the accesories[emoji41]

Yer baby will be just fine Shock!
If yer #'s turn out lower than expect though u might have ditch some of the accesories[emoji41]
Lol, the accessories ain't nothing compared! If I can get even 25 minutes out of this and not be way down in percent left, it's worth it to me. That alone will be the buffer I need for extended flights most times.

That's the module for the light kit.

I'm gonna take that heavily into consideration because you have the prolonged experience. I'm completely new to it. Picking up the bird and feeling that weight is quite something. Might get a first flight in tomorrow.
It's just a little noisier and once it's underway, it flies fine! It's probably a little sluggish by comparison, but, for video, like the extra weight of a heavy camera body, that keeps everything steadier!

This question is probably for a different thread, besides go pro are there and recommended camera's the guys are using with zoom

I did a test last night with 2x1800 and did a temp reading of the motors after landing.
Air Temp was 63 Deg F.
Flight time 15min
Each motor on landing:
77-78 deg F. with 2x1800
72-73 deg F. without

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member