Pleasure Beach Skegness

Nice to see a bit about Skegness from the air!

I've only been once - when I was about 5 in 1953, when I was staying in Mablethorpe and Mum & Dad took me down to Skeggy to meet up with our neighbour who were staying at the Miners holiday camp - it was, after all, "pit fortnight" and most of the men from Whitwell pit were staying there. As Dad said though, he saw his workmates for 50 weeks of the year and it was nice to have a fortnight away from them ;)

Reactions: Tydrones
If you are open to criticism, slower moves are more cinematic and for me I would have trimmed the inpoint of the first shot so that there is not so much sand in the foreground before you get to the meat of the shot.

Reactions: tonikg
A nice video but Skegness is a complete shithole, we could do with a high tide coming in and washing away Skeggy along with Mablethorpe and Ingoldmells too and maybe it could then get rebuilt.

Reactions: Tydrones
A nice video but Skegness is a complete shithole, we could do with a high tide coming in and washing away Skeggy along with Mablethorpe and Ingoldmells too and maybe it could then get rebuilt.
Wow, I guess you would have an idea, I haven't a clue. None of my family has been back to the UK. since that skirmish we had back in 1776. So, I Googled it. The best beaches in the UK - Rough Guides

I think is was nice of him to show us the beach whether it was a great beach or not. Thanks for the video.

If you are open to criticism, slower moves are more cinematic and for me I would have trimmed the inpoint of the first shot so that there is not so much sand in the foreground before you get to the meat of the shot.

I'd agree with your comments but otherwise good portrail of an area in decline

Nice video, but I have a question... at about 2/3 through the video, was that seagull dive bombing your drone? Sure looks like it!

Nice to see a bit about Skegness from the air!

I've only been once - when I was about 5 in 1953, when I was staying in Mablethorpe and Mum & Dad took me down to Skeggy to meet up with our neighbour who were staying at the Miners holiday camp - it was, after all, "pit fortnight" and most of the men from Whitwell pit were staying there. As Dad said though, he saw his workmates for 50 weeks of the year and it was nice to have a fortnight away from them ;)
Lol its good I brought you back some good memories
Hope the music helped lol

Thanks
Ty

Thank you
I agree, which is why I went when it was closed this was 2 years ago I believe when the footage was taken.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic