Please Help

Reaction score
Should I buy a Phantom 3 Standard for around $400 or save up for a Mavic Air? 4k isn't really that important to me as I'm a filmmaker. However, I could see myself possibly making a little bit of money selling 4k stock footage but that isn't my main concern.

Alternatively, should I buy a Spark? The only bad thing I've heard about it is the battery life and the range is a bit dodgy without the controller. However would I out grow a spark? I just want to make movies at parties or of things I do on the weekend and things, maybe shoot some birthdays and weddings etc.

Buying a P3 standard for around $400 sounds reasonable...all i can say I had a P3 standard for nearly 3 years and the bird flew awesome no issues and the video quality was top notch in fact i had mine so long the battery finally packed it in...(135 charges ha!)

I am done with the phantom series. They have one problem every week. I will be doing an imu calibration this weekend. My p3a, lost its sanity about 300 ft from my house. Decending thru 200ft from 300 ft, I have flown phantoms for 2 years now. The problems involved requiring to sending it to dji for a repair, usually around 300 dollars. When at 50 ft I have a message go from GPS enabled to sensor problem. Straight down into a bush which protected and cushioned the fall. The drone shut off when the sensor msg displayed. No damage to it. Now it won't take off with same msg sensor problem and won't take off. I spent an hour with dji tech support with them with screen shots of sensor problem displayed. Dji responded do a imu calibration.

Help I never did one, can someone help me with the process and guide me through it. Does the imu process fix this. I'm totally mavic now. No problems. Wireless firmware updates, nice. I'm done with the phantom series. If the imu calibration works, I'm selling it. Ps I had 33% left on the approach when sensor light came on. WILL THE IMU CALIBRATION FIX THE SENSOR ERROR. Thanks everyone, this a great site to share.

When at 50 ft I have a message go from GPS enabled to sensor problem.
What was the "exact" message. I have not seen a message as you state above. Take the time to review your flight data before you proceed. The more you know without introducing additional variables by changing things, the easier it could be to remedy the issue. This could be as simple as a VPS issue which you can turn off in the app. The VPS is really not needed IMO.

Should I buy a Phantom 3 Standard for around $400 or save up for a Mavic Air? 4k isn't really that important to me as I'm a filmmaker. However, I could see myself possibly making a little bit of money selling 4k stock footage but that isn't my main concern.

Alternatively, should I buy a Spark? The only bad thing I've heard about it is the battery life and the range is a bit dodgy without the controller. However would I out grow a spark? I just want to make movies at parties or of things I do on the weekend and things, maybe shoot some birthdays and weddings etc.
From what you described, the P3S would serve you well. The camera is impressive and shoots 2.7K. Keep in mind weddings, birthdays, etc. for money would require a Part 107 certification.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl