Please Help With Phantom Start Up

Reaction score
Hello,

I have recently purchased a new Phantom drone and unfortunately I can get it to fly or be recognised when plugged into the the computer with Nazam version 2.16 program. After I assembled the Phantom I installed the driver and the software. It recognises the connection with the green light and MC ON light but when I move the sticks nothing moves on the screen.

The next problem is when I turn on my receiver and Phantom all I get is really fast yellow lights and nothing else. I'm really new at this and any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks Jared

jaredcollie said:
Hello,

I have recently purchased a new Phantom drone and unfortunately I can get it to fly or be recognised when plugged into the the computer with Nazam version 2.16 program. After I assembled the Phantom I installed the driver and the software. It recognises the connection with the green light and MC ON light but when I move the sticks nothing moves on the screen.

The next problem is when I turn on my receiver and Phantom all I get is really fast yellow lights and nothing else. I'm really new at this and any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks Jared
Turn Tx on. Make sure left switch is off. Right switch on GPS.
Plug USB into phantom and computer. Plug battery into Phantom.
In the order.

Software should show MC off.

E

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi thanks for that I just did what you said and it says that the MC is OFF. When I move the sticks should I see movements in the channel monitor ect like the Demo video, nothing seems to move on the program as I move the sticks on the controller.

Thanks for your help

Ok. MC is off. Do you have a flashing light next to the MC off?

E

Go to basic. Aircraft. Choose top second quadrotox

Go to RC. Choose PPM

Tell what happens after you go back to View.

From Australia so I'm getting some long distance help here ,

I have done what you asked and I have movement in the channel monitor

Hey Bud, You get it sorted?
I'm up the Kimberleys, yell out if you still need a hand, but edunwody was giving you some good advice.

We had a marathon PM session that moved to Facebook Message.

Last I heard was he had LIFT OFF!!

All is well.

The only problem is that to get my free beer I have to fly 16 hrs to get there :eek:

E

G'day E,
Unfortunately I'm one of the few Aussies that don't drink or Facebook, but well done on getting my country-man flying.
Was it that Receiver PPM trick or gremlins?

Wait!comebak said:
G'day E,
Unfortunately I'm one of the few Aussies that don't drink or Facebook, but well done on getting my country-man flying.
Was it that Receiver PPM trick or gremlins?

PPM plus just crazy instructions or the lack of from the Chinese. I'm sure there is just something lost in translation.

E

Hey there, I'm new here so be gentle. I just received my Phantom, updated the firmware and now it appears that I am having the exact same problem. Can anybody help me with a fix? Coincidentally I am also Australian.
Cheers in advance.

Thank you to the user that offered me PM help, unfortunately it appears my profile is too fresh to activate the PM function. In response to that user, so far I have upgraded the firmware, imported the parameters, calibrated the Tx and IMU. Unfortunately, when I power on the MC goes through the start and self-check LED function, then settles on consistent yellow flashing. I am unable to check the Tx parameters within the NAZA software as my Calibration Command Stick values are still during operation of my TX. I have manually checked the transmitter link by accessing the Tx board and linking the devices manually (confirmed via the appropriate LED). I have still yet to calibrate the compass as the MC will not allow this function during the blinking yellow failsafe. The issue seems very similar to the original problem posted in this topic, any ideas?

Hi - a few people, including me have had this problem with new phantoms. Basically, you need to change your settings in the software from ppm to d-bus on the new ones, despite what all the instructions say. I had exact same problem and this fixed it in an instant and DJI (eventually) confirmed this.

Same for others. Read this post for answers:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2718&start=10

Hope it helps,
Nazag

adamg said:
Thank you to the user that offered me PM help, unfortunately it appears my profile is too fresh to activate the PM function. In response to that user, so far I have upgraded the firmware, imported the parameters, calibrated the Tx and IMU. Unfortunately, when I power on the MC goes through the start and self-check LED function, then settles on consistent yellow flashing. I am unable to check the Tx parameters within the NAZA software as my Calibration Command Stick values are still during operation of my TX. I have manually checked the transmitter link by accessing the Tx board and linking the devices manually (confirmed via the appropriate LED). I have still yet to calibrate the compass as the MC will not allow this function during the blinking yellow failsafe. The issue seems very similar to the original problem posted in this topic, any ideas?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav