please help. gimbal hook up.

Reaction score
Hey guys im having a hell of a time trying to figure out how to get this gimbal to control manual pitch with VR knob on T8J.
if anyone can help me at all it would be much appreciated. i have it working on its own with jsut a power lead no problem but would like to have manual control also.

gimbal: http://www.goodluckbuy.com/dji-phantom- ... lalck.html

board: http://www.unmannedtechshop.co.uk/2-axi ... oller.html

pics:

IMG_0802.jpg

IMG_0804.jpg

IMG_0806.jpg

IMG_0805.jpg

thanks, really hope someone can help.

Connect the pitch control for the board to the X1 port of the Naza and enable pitch control in the Naza assistant.

I thought I did that but it didn't work for me. Can u be a little more specific with details. Ie. which pin to witch pin, tx setting, and naza settings. I must be missing something because I did it exactly as you described or at least I think I did.

I don't know the pinout on that board.
You should only need the signal pin to be connected actually. This is the lower pin on the Naza. It should be marked which is the signal pin on the gimbal controller.

I understand your confusion on how to connect this.

I purchased the phantom upgrade board
dji-phantom-upgradekit_zps624a330d.jpg

then I purchased a gimbal. looks like just about the exact same one as you have. only difference that I can see is that the power on my gimbal is run off of the balance port from the battery.

then sent me a cable to hook up the tilt function, no instructions.
271c4371-033a-42ef-a52e-b518d86f8728_zps49795f0c.jpg

looks to me like I got a gimbal, an upgrade for the tilt and no clue how to hook them up.

I am trying to contact the place that I got the gimbal to see if they have instructions. they are selling it as a gimbal for the phantom so I hope they have actual hook up instructions.

let me know if you get yours setup.
thanks in advance

see that last servo wire picture you posted,. that goes into Ch5 of your Futaba. black wire (ground) on the bottom).
then figure out where to plug the other end onto the gimbal control board. (I assume it's the one marked Pitch, also with black on the bottom).

then on your Futaba TX. set Ch5 to VR knob
that should do it.

I don't have the futaba box in my phantom. mine is just a stock phantom. with the stock dji radio.

after some more digging through help videos and wiring directions
not exactly sure on which wire gets hooked to what.
but this is how I think it would have to be done.

the black and white wire that came with the gimbal I believe would have to be hooked to the 3 wires that come with the upgrade kit.

fb074689-dd80-470b-bbb6-385b11776f61_zps6611a41c.jpg

271c4371-033a-42ef-a52e-b518d86f8728_zps49795f0c.jpg

any information would be greatly appreciated.
hopefully I am on the right path with this.

even if this is the way it wired
still no instructions on where that is hooked up on the gimbal itself. there are 2 places where it can go.
IMAG0173_zps0b74d4ad.jpg

I do apologize for hijacking this post.
I only posted here because Kashalp's original post showed the same gimbal or close to it as the one I purchased.

Not sure about setting it up with stock rx/tx but if it is the same board as mine, those 6 pins(3 vertical beside 3 verticle) looking straight at it, the left top on is the signal wire to control gimbal. It's hard to see but look threw the metal slot on bottom and your board should have some printing on bottom of it telling you which pin is which. All I needed to do was run one single wire from pitch pin on board to signal pin on naza f2 port then program radio as needed. I did not run a ground or positive (don't hook up positive. You don't need to and if you put it in wrong pin you could fry gimbal board or worse naza unit). Sorry I don't have a pic to show you, and I'm not ready to open up my phantom at this time.

LD71, did you ever got your gimbal pitch to work? I have bought the same board layout as picture above that came with
The white and black cable. I enable the gimbal in Naza and connect the white and black cable to Naza f2 and pitch on gimbal.
Got nothing. Even reversing the whit and black wire. No go. Beside pitch, it work fine Anyone knows?

no I sure didn't.
from what it sounds like. the upgrade board I bought was for the zenmuse gimbal. doesn't sound like it will work with the gimbal I bought.

not sure how to hook it up.
although on the bright side. looks like I installed that upgrade board correct. phantom functions fine and the slide lever on the stock dji radio works fine. calibrated with NAZAM assistant with no issues.

I GOT IT WORKING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I watched some more videos on youtube, talked to Gizmo3000 here.

took the videos advice, ran that black and white cable to the f2 port on the naza
from there to the left set of 3 prongs on the gimbal
enabled the gimbal in the naza and to my shock and surprize it is up and working.

the video I watched to help figure this out:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTem0m9klZk[/youtube]
thanks to every one here for the assist

Sorry, I didn't bought the Dji Phantom Upgrade board. I meant the gimbal in your post is exactly what I have with the black and white wire. Just can't seem to get the pitch to work. Yeah, watch that video too. still no luck

even with out the upgrade board.
the gimbal should be hooked the f2 port on the naza.

from what I have read, the upgrade board just added the control cable for the zenmuse gimbal.
main mistake I made was not having the gimbal enabled in the naza

and as far as where to hook it up on the gimbal.
I just did the whole trial and error thing. just make sure to power cycle the gimbal in between attempts

yeah I am. but it will have to wait till tomorrow to fly.

hooked something up backwards some place. tried to fly earlier today and it wouldn't take off.

finally started the motors, picked up the phantom and increased the throttle. found it was pushing itself down.
double checked and all the motors are running backwards.

way too tired tonight to take it apart again tonight to try to figure out what I did wrong. hope it isn't any thing real serious. :cry:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31