PLEASE HELP! AGAIN

Reaction score
As I was removing connectors from my controller board to install the ARGtech signal booster, this happened. Where the black wire from 2.4 GHz wifi/video receiver attaches to the board, the outer ring popped off of the board. Yes i know it was my fault so please no criticism. Can i solder it back on the board and be ok? And yes I am very experienced at soldering boards. Thanks ahead of time.
20161130_000659.jpg
20161130_000702.jpg
20161130_000721.jpg
20161130_000659.jpg

Hopefully you can repair it. This is one of the reasons I bought a P3A. I didn't want to modify the transmitter and risk damaging the internal electrical components. Hopefully someone on here can advise you what to do. Best of luck!

Well in that case I believe only the portion of the connection in the center is responsible for transmission so as long as you can get it centered and adhered to the board with out any other interference around the head of that cable coming out you should have full function and good wi fi. Now I will qualify my statement with the fact that I am no expert in such matters that is just my logic which has been known to be very flawed at times .) I did the DBS mod with mine as well and am really impressed with the range increase.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I may be mistaken but it looks like a two wire connector, one from the centre and ground from outer ring. If so soldering the outside ring back on will not work, you will also need to join the centre wire.

Sent from my F3311 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.