Playing with the new settings.

In theory, follow me should work with any device that has gps. Is your iPad mini 2 a wifi or cellular model? I believe only cellular versions are equipped with a gps chip. I've also heard that tethering might work. Has anyone tried that?
Tethering will not work. You need either a cellular tablet, cell phone, or BT connected external GPS. Try a Bad Elf unit. All the "real" pilots use them with their WiFi only iPad Air 2's.:cool:

Here it is following me in my pickup.

Awesome demo. You have the perfect location for it, with no power lines, and level, with all houses about the same height, so 100 feet above is enough, and a willing co-pilot!

Were you using a cell phone or a cellular iPad for your tablet?
Is it possible to have the "follow me" be from in front of your direction of travel?

Probably would work best with the transmitter in the bed of the pickup truck with a seatbelt for your co-pilot/daughter, or through a sunroof, or from a convertible, because otherwise the metal top of the vehicle interferes with the RC signal, as you discovered. :cool:

I wonder if follow me would work while driving s golf cart or car
Golf cart would be perfect, as the fiberglass roof wouldn't interfere with the RC signal, unlike a metal car roof. Convertible or car with sunroof or boat is perfect! Motorcycle or bicycle might work, too, if you can mount the RC in a basket or onto the handlebars or gas tank of the motorcycle. No need to worry about battery power to fly home, as the RC and aircraft are already together, so your effective battery range distance is now twice as far!:cool:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ODIN Reviews