Play P3 MP4 video on smart tv

No problems here playing 4k video from the P3 onto my Samsung 4k tv, i just plug the 1tb portable hardrive i have straight into the usb.3 on the tv, the hdd also has a usb.3 out
Having a usb.3 is important as it can deal much better with the 4k data for smooth playback from what i hear.
Watching in 4k is so much better than hd and cannot compare, the detail is simply amazing even if you look closeup to the screen, individual leaves on the trees can be seen at about 100ft up and the colours are so lifelike.
As long as you have a dedicated 4k display there should be no problem.
This is my tv. http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/tv-audio-video/televisions/curved-tvs/UE55HU7200UXXU

MOV and MP4 are the containers that the video is in. I think the problem lies in the actual content in the container. I cannot play the videos to my Samsung, but if I render them with Vegas Pro to MP4 they play fine.

I also Google'd around a bit, and there are a couple Amazon reviews that say "forget about playing 4k over USB, it's not supported"
Those stick type we to USB adapters are notoriously bad at playing or even downloading higher resolution videos. If you have an SD slot on your computer/tv , try one of the adapters that allow micro SD cards to be inserted in a regular card slot. I've had no problems transferring videos since I used those adapters exclusively.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1