Pilot error low crash. 1 motor won't start.

Is this it? Its the original file from the aircraft.
FLY210.DAT
Yes, that's it. I was thinking this is the strangest flight I've ever seen until I read your post about it flipping over and what you had to do to stop it. @Luap @TheRealNick There is more information about what you want to know in a subsequent .DAT that has the attempt to start the motors and one refusing to start. Can you post that?

You can see in the FLY210.DAT (the flight you had the mishap) at 1:15 minute (I added a grey arrow):
MotorLeft Front RPM =yellow line and Load = Green line go to zero (or close) whereas other three motor's yellow and green line are still visible until you shut the motors in other 3 charts.

In FLY211.DAT where you fire the motors you see two waves in the graphs - that's what the Phantom does to tighten the props when you CSC.
You will see no yellow line in the Motorleftfront. There us no green line (load) in any of the other three motor charts as you have the props off.
It does seem to me that your Left front ESC is damaged from the charts. I will look at the text files to check of any further evidence
upload_2016-2-7_18-50-46.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Flying pug
I was just gonna say....
This is the Left Front
upload_2016-2-7_10-10-11.png

and this is the Right Front
upload_2016-2-7_10-10-34.png

There actually is some load showing on the right front, but none on the left front. @Luap I'm thinking it's possible this is like the @ksavoie flight and the 0 value here could be due to a loose connection to the Left Front motor. But, then it could also be a damaged ESC output chip.

Reactions: Flying pug
Great also. Well it looks like the camera and gimbal will be coming off to go on the new one I have bought and what's left of this one can go on ebay as spares or repair. If it was just the motor then I would have put a new one in and had a spare aircraft but the new one has the new style motors in so there's not much point in keeping it. You guys are brilliant with all the graphs etc. and a big help. I cant thank you enough.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1