Pilot App crashing. "unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped" Screen Record

Running the new firmware, I had a better experience flying the P3P through five or six battery charges yesterday than I had with the older firmware. I am using a Samsung Tab S with the Google Play stuff disabled. The only glitch I saw was that, a few times, the app didn't display the video feed when I powered up the P3P. Exiting all the way out of the app then restarting it or powering down and restarting the quadcopter fixed the problem. I am not sure which was really the solution, because I did both things.

Once I could see it, the video feed was great with no stuttering and little lag. And this was in 90+ degrees F heat while running the tablet almost constantly for hours.

-- Roger

It's got to be firmware or app related. When I first got the phantom and using my galaxy tab. Not a single problem. Smooth video feed. No crashes. Perfect.

Now I can hardly fly due to latency issues of the video feed during flight. Not to mention the app crashing mid flight. Nothing on the tablet has changed so it's most likely some issues with the pilot app or the firmware.

DJI can you guys please stop adding new quads to the line up, upgrading motors a week after we buy them and fix the freaking android app already.

The DJI Pilot app crashing randomly has happened several times now on my Nvidia Shield and also Galaxy S5. After reading up in the forum it seems this is happening across both android and ios devices with several flyers. Several things have been suggested like turning local video cache off, clearing the cache, bluetooth and wifi off. I've even cleared the cache and data in the app settings itself but still the app crashes now again, its always the same thing. "unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped"
Its not much of a problem as the app does reboot back to the camera view after a few seconds so you just remain calm and let go of the sticks, the worrying thing as you will see in the video is that the radar is incorrect when the app reboots! I have to move the transmitter around from left to right and after that the radar corrects itself. I could see this being a MAJOR problem if this happens to new flyers as they could think the quad is actually in another position. Look in the video and you can see how the radar dances around as i'm moving the tx before getting in the correct position. The rest of the flight was great with no more crashing app and the radar was spot on throughout.
I'm convinced this a firmware fault, running the latest firmware. App 1.1.0 direct from dji website and firmware 1.1.9
Recorded with the built in screen record on the Nvidia Shield.

Do You have the same problem with DJI GO? Or could You fix the issue?

Do You have the same problem with DJI GO? Or could You fix the issue?
No problems with dji go and latest firmware, no crazhing app or laggy video. Smooth like butter, using Nvidia shield.

Wow. That's very interesting/ Your Nvidia is 5.1.1( Lolipop) now or You didn't upgrade Android.
And did You downgrade Google Services? Thank You

No problems with dji go and latest firmware, no crazhing app or laggy video. Smooth like butter, using Nvidia shield.
Wow. That's very interesting/ Your Nvidia is 5.1.1( Lolipop) now or You didn't upgrade Android.
And did You downgrade Google Services? Thank You

I uses the phantom 3 advance, I just upgraded to the latest apps and firmware, I am using Samsung Note 3, the Google apps kept crashing, even my phone is on flight mode, what should I do? If I buy a new ipad mini. .will it help?

Had this crash on my S3 also. Suffered a water landing as a result. Couldnt get it reacquired in a timely enough fashion and it led to a panic situation.

One would hope that spending over $1000 on a quad would buy some sort of peace of mind, obviously not. I was looking for something I could charge up and use for aerial photo/video, and not have to cobstantly tinker with. This is clearly not the case with the p3p. Every flight I'm expecting disaster, with the app crashing, or the app losing signal. These issues really take the fun out using the p3p. I don't want to downgrade my phone, to use my quad that's just insane.
Im going to look into returning my quad, if I can't I'll shelf it until the bugs are worked out and go back to flying my Syma.

I upgraded everything to the latest yet this google apps still crashes...really so fed up and don't know what to do. I has tried flight modes..off any data or WiFi. Clear what ever cache.....no difference. Still crashes. Any help out there?

well, got an Iphone 6 plus to help myself out. DJI I dont think will take any responsibility for a water landing. I bascially just got a new main board, and cleaned up the camera and all good.

The issue is I do noticed the Google apps do not crash anymore after I have downgraded it..but that also means I lost all my phone contacts linked to Google. ! Annoying to lose those phone contacts gather all these years. ..just because of phantom flying...any help out there ..how to downgrade google play services and don't lose the phone contacts synced with Google. Thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20