Pictures while in Point Of Interest Mode

Reaction score
One thing I have not attempted while in Point of Interest Mode is taking pictures. I have done video... so here is a silly question... is it possible to take individual photos while the P4P+ rotates around an object?

Being no one has answered you I will. Dont have what you do but you can with a mavic. I would think you could.
The circle never stops though while taking them.

Being no one has answered you I will. Dont have what you do but you can with a mavic. I would think you could.
The circle never stops though while taking them.
I assumed so and yes, it may be a no brainier question....but I had never done it and haven't seen any videos/articles on doing it... the weather here has been high winds and rain so no opportunity to test it. Doing a still photo shoot this weekend and the POI would be an added benefit!

I do all the time with my P4P using Litchi (not sure about DJI Go 4). There are a couple ways you could do pictures in an orbit with Litchi. I generally have the speed set to 0 mph and fly left or right, stop and take a picture, then continue in the direction stopping periodically and taking a picture. You could also set the orbit for about 5 mph and set the camera to take a picture every so many seconds as it flies around the POI.

I assumed so and yes, it may be a no brainier question....but I had never done it and haven't seen any videos/articles on doing it... the weather here has been high winds and rain so no opportunity to test it. Doing a still photo shoot this weekend and the POI would be an added benefit!
Went out a bit ago and did it to show ya.

One thing I have not attempted while in Point of Interest Mode is taking pictures. I have done video... so here is a silly question... is it possible to take individual photos while the P4P+ rotates around an object?
I do all the time with my P4P using Litchi (not sure about DJI Go 4). There are a couple ways you could do pictures in an orbit with Litchi. I generally have the speed set to 0 mph and fly left or right, stop and take a picture, then continue in the direction stopping periodically and taking a picture. You could also set the orbit for about 5 mph and set the camera to take a picture every so many seconds as it flies around the POI.
I do this with P4PV2 and DJI Go 4 for modeling. You can hit it manually or use the interval feature if your model has it.

Reactions: Rick218
I do this with P4PV2 and DJI Go 4 for modeling. You can hit it manually or use the interval feature if your model has it.

Like to see the result of a modeling project using POI.
I you don’t mind,post a link.
What software do you use to put it together?

Like to see the result of a modeling project using POI.
I you don’t mind,post a link.
What software do you use to put it together?
The attachment is a flat export image and not the actual model, but it was shot with POI and a few manual shots from lower, then trimmed to include only obstructions for solar panels. Turned out you can get a better model and still get the solar info with Google Earth if you trim out the other buildings.

I use Scanifly for manual/POI imaging. Unfortunately, they do not allow sharing of the model; I have to provide customers with DXF files if they want to use it outside the cloud software. They're working on a sharing feature, though.

Attachments

• 2019-11-12_18-21-38.jpg
    2019-11-12_18-21-38.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 261

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl