Picture breaking up in 50m with FPV set up

tom3holer said:
I have had several of these Immersion Vtx's and they all were set to 5740 Switches all on as a default.
Also the output on 5740 is over 750mw, it is the highest of all the channels.

Again,does the antenna you are using for the Immersion have a pin in the center of the connector?

Tom

Hey Tom, yes both of my cloverleafs have the male pin heads. Default antennas that came with the BP. My monitor and antennas are stock, but tx isnt. I upgraded to the ImmersionRC 600mw.

Is your BP a 32 ch or is it a 7 ch model?

The quickest way to tell is if the two sma connectors on the BP are RP-SMA then its a 32 ch.
That will determine which type of antenna you use on the BP.

The proper startup sequence is:
Controller on
GoPro on
Phantom on

Tom

I have the same setup and the same problem with really poor FPV performance.
DJI mini Hub
DJI iOSD Mini
Zenmuse H3-3D gimbal
Immersion RC 600mx TX
Black Pearl 7 Channel Monitor
Fatshark SpiroNet Antennas
GoPro H3 White

Doing some tests tonight it appears that what is causing the interference on the FPV is the Phantom2's RC itself. With the Monitor Mount I'm using the BP is right behind the RC antenna. I get the same interference on each of the 7 channels with the RC on, video set to NTSC on both monitor and GoPro!

Turn-off the RC and the FPV picture is rock solid - turn on the RC and really bad picture interference.

I would have thought with the RC on 2.4 and the Immersion Tx on 5.8 it would have avoided any signal conflict!

TheITGuy Hi there. I am not sure what you mean about gopro getting hot. I have not had any problems. I also power my phantom on first and then the gopro, with out any problems. I have not heard of this happening to anyone before. And I read all the phantom post I can. I wander if you have something crossed up.??
Back on topic. I am using a cheap boscam 400mw tx and boscam rx, not a diversity one, it is a R5800X about $20.00. I get over one kilometer, with this.And I use the blue beam ultra antennas. I hope this helps some.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj