Photos suddenly warped and appears to be shooting through a screen

Reaction score
My Phantom Four suddenly has photos that look like they were shot through a screen. The image is still visible but the fringe area is now purple and the center screened.

Reactions: Just Mark
If you can post an example that will help to understand what you are seeing.
IMG_1723.JPG

• Wow
Reactions: brigerdrones
My Phantom Four suddenly has photos that look like they were shot through a screen. The image is still visible but the fringe area is now purple and the center screened.
That looks bad.
It's not something that you could have done by accidentally messing up the settings.
You could try resetting the camera in the app settings.
That won't hurt anything, but I suspect it won't fix the problem either.

I have a hunch that it's a problem with the black ribbon cable that connects the camera to the gimbal.
I haven't seen them produce a screen quite like that.
Usually when they go, you get a matrix of fine dots.

If it's the cable, replacing it would fix it.

Meta4 is probably right.
Did you put some filter in ftont of the lens. Sometimes a polarysing filter can produce such interference circles on the glass if you put them together but I"m sure you would have fixed that in such a case.

Meta4 is probably right.
Did you put some filter in ftont of the lens. Sometimes a polarysing filter can produce such interference circles on the glass if you put them together but I"m sure you would have fixed that in such a case.
Thank you, No filter.

A couple questions for you.

1) When you look at the live feed in your monitor, does it look like that too? Or does it look normal?

2) If the drone is on the ground and the motors are off, are the photos like that? or do they look normal?

3) Are ALL the photos like that? Or only some of them? For instance, at a different location, are they ok?

4) What SD card are you using?

Reactions: brigerdrones
Live feed looks normal until I hit record. On the ground the picture is normal. All photos are poor. SD card is the one I have been using successfully for several years SanDisk 32gb. See two photos taken within a week to see how they have changed. Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_1644.jpg
    IMG_1644.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 88
  • IMG_1723.JPG
    IMG_1723.JPG
    5.3 MB · Views: 93
Well... it could be the card. i would try to clean it with a lens cleaning cloth (dry) and see if that makes a difference. Contacts on SD cards do wear out over time.

I can't remember but doesn't the app record low-resolution images to the app / phone as well? I would check those too just to see if they look normal or if they look weird.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31