Photos of Violations

Just go straight to the source with your question. Send an Email
I've asked a couple of questions on this site and gotten quick responses. Answers came from the "UAS Integration Office" so I think it safe to assume that they know what they're talking about. I would just suggest that you put your questions in terms of "would this be allowed without a Part 107" rather than. "I have been doing this, is it legal?"

Despite the legal gymnastics some people are pulling, you are doing this as a Hobby. My degree is in Recreation Management, and people should bear in mind that some people actually do Soduku for fun. Why you would consider that level if mathematical demand anything other than work is beyond me, but people do.

Beyond that, it could be considered journalism which WILL have a hot debate about what is allowable. The laws you have to worry about more are the gag rules that corporate pigs have bought through their regional divisions (state legislatures) that make it a felony to film or photograph business conduct that violates federal laws.... under the guise that the federal government should do the investigation I suppose??? Whatever...

Chances are you'll meet law enforcement either way. So the protectionist would skip the 107 to avoid the registration issue and defend against "violations" of your "commercial" job.

Either way keep flying it!

Despite the legal gymnastics some people are pulling, you are doing this as a Hobby. My degree is in Recreation Management, and people should bear in mind that some people actually do Soduku for fun. Why you would consider that level if mathematical demand anything other than work is beyond me, but people do.

Beyond that, it could be considered journalism which WILL have a hot debate about what is allowable. The laws you have to worry about more are the gag rules that corporate pigs have bought through their regional divisions (state legislatures) that make it a felony to film or photograph business conduct that violates federal laws.... under the guise that the federal government should do the investigation I suppose??? Whatever...

Chances are you'll meet law enforcement either way. So the protectionist would skip the 107 to avoid the registration issue and defend against "violations" of your "commercial" job.

Either way keep flying it!

I'm sorry but that's VERY bad (and incorrect) information. Thanks goodness the OP was in the process of getting his Part 107 to make things legal. The FAA has made it abundantly clear what is considered recreational and this will not fall under that umbrella any day PERIOD. Call it legal gymnastics if you wish but at the end of the day this will always fall under Part 107 until things change within Part 107.

My degree is in Recreation Management
This adds nothing to the argument. I've got a few degrees hanging on the wall and they don't stop me from making mistakes and saying less than perfect comments.

Unless you're willing to financially and emotionally support someone when things turn south you really should consider the advice your giving and how it could affect someone if they actually followed it. Hopefully anyone reading this (or any other thread on the internet) will seek out the input from the FAA on this matter because at the end of the day it is their ruling that matters. But following the "fly by the rules" advice will ALWAYS keep you out of harm, out of jail, and out of financial ruin.

Last edited:
BigA, you like many people don't even get the point of what I'm saying.

Sounds like you got a big personal issue for someone who's a moderator ... who is anyone to say what recreation is - some people, like you, just enjoy being a DB to people on forums and think that's recreation.

When the rules are set up to protect corporate pig thugs destroying the environment and our ability to live on the planet then the citizen journalist owes no guidance to "rules".

There are cases pending right now, especially as relates to the battle at Standing Rock, that you should keep an eye on.

Don't talk down to me, just cause you picked a self important handle for the forum.

And guess what? There are times that jail is preferable to silence. You probably can't comprehend that, but there it is.

And by the way, the FAA has nothing on the severity of gag rule laws protecting Big Agriculture, Big Pharmacy, and Big Oil. So I fully stand by my original post that the FAA is the least of concerns for the activities the OP has presented.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor