photo shutter speed help....

So played around today again with jet ski and i just cant get a good shot, what am i doing?

ISO 100 and shutter was 1/6 of a sec

View attachment 93407
This may be hard to pull off if the ski is bouncing. If you go with a slow enough shutter speed to blur the background the ski may blur due to bouncing. If it’s not bouncing then make sure you are tracking the ski exactly with your drone. The ski must remain fixed within the frame.

You might want to take the easy street just film in 4K at 30 frames and chose the best frame it has to better than this as the entire picture is out of focus, you can get some really great pictures and no need for snapping a single pic.

Phantomrain.org
Approved vendor to flying in the rain.
second.gif

So played around today again with jet ski and i just cant get a good shot, what am i doing?

ISO 100 and shutter was 1/6 of a sec

View attachment 93407
Here's the thing, you really don't have enough camera control to accurately pan a subject from a drone. Beyond that, the rather wide angle of the lens is fighting you here too as you will need a longer exposure to get visible blur, and yet those longer exposures add to the likelihood that the subjects course will change causing the subject to blur. When I pan with a wide angle lens I'm usually very close to the subject, as in, a few feet away, and I use flash to freeze the subject relative to the background, otherwise the required shutter speeds are too long for a crisp image. Otherwise I'll use a fairly long lens, which makes it easier to get motion blur with shorter shutter speeds. I would recommend you up the shutter speed to somewhere about 1/200th and rely on the spray of water and wind swept hair to give the sense of motion, or get a fair bit closer to the subject and try to track them that way.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT