PHEW! Saved by previous posts/Youtube!

Reaction score
Did my weekly check on my Phantom 3 Advanced and found one of the two drone batteries needed topping up but the remote controller had an issue!

Turned it on and just the left hand white LED flashing and the left hand LED RED. After a few seconds it started a loud beeping - sounded like morose D

Plugged the charger in and the left hand white LED just flashed quickly and after half an hour still the same - not charging.

First tried the C1/C2/SHUTTER button reset - no change so opened up and unplugged the battery. Left it unplugged for five minutes, then put it all back together.

Plugged in charger and it started charging. Took over an hour to show fully charged. Turned it on and everything seems to be good.

As I said, PHEW!!!

Oh dear, not out of the woods yet! It would seem that the AC/RC are not linked now.

Firstly did an RC reset - press C1 - C2 - Video button and turn RC OFF. Keep holding buttons and turn RC back on. I get four WHITE LED's and the status LED is RED.

Linking. First tried the method in the manual using the DJI GO App. Open App, select AC - go to CAMERA - press the little RC Icon top middle of the screen and it brings up the "Remote Controller Setting" screen with "RC Linking" at the Bottom. The manual says to press "RC Linking" and the RC Status LED should go BLUE. When I press it I just get a message "Confirm Frequency Settings" with an "OK" under it. I press the "OK" and nothing happens other than the message disappears.

I have also tried to "Pushing Buttons" method - press and hold C1, C2 and Video record button and toggle the camera tilt knob a few times until the Status LED goes BLUE. Mine doesn't go blue, just goes off all together??

The link LED on the AC is flashing Green/Red. Drone status lights flashing yellow.

I did the unplug battery thing again and checked voltage - 8.4v so well charged.

Any suggestions please?

Thanks for sharing

I think my problem is defective connector on the Remote Controller Interface Board. Abit of the socket has broken off but then again, looking closely it doesn't look as though there is a wire going to that part of the socket??

Anyway, bought a new board so see what happens when I replace it 🤞

IMG_9387.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks. Found a new one here in the UK. Just wait for it to arrive now...............

Thanks. Found a new one here in the UK. Just wait for it to arrive now...............

If i knew you were after one I have one here you could have had for postage cost, hope it sorts the problem

I don't know about the board or its connections, but I DO know about that problem with the remote control just flashing and not taking a charge. It seems to be a common problem. Happens to me anytime I let the controller set, unused, for about a month or more. I then have to open er up and disconnect the battery for a few minutes. It always been good to go from that point.

Still a bit of an issue, the RC is not connecting to my Nvidia Shield which I have always flown with. It just says "Disconnected".
I can fly the drone just fine but nothing showing on the screen.
If Itry to calibrate anything it also just says Disconnected.
Initially it was b because the multi-pin ribbon cable wasn't pushed right in, something stopping it. Blew the socket out with air brush and the cable goes in OK now but still RC Disconnected from the Display.
Any ideas - defective Interface Board still???

Reactions: MerckxBh

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20