Phantom4Pro FAIL- please help!

Reaction score
Ok, so I've just got home from flying down the seafront over water, been doing this for a while now never have had a problem!

Today, my last flight, I was out to sea 4859ft at 62% and the rth switched on randomly saying lost signal; even though I have full signal showing on controller and hd! It wouldn't let me do anything, I tried to cancel the rth but it said WARNING:Command Timeout. nothing would work. The worrying thing was my drone was going the opposite direction ! Even though home was set where I was ! So in my mind I was thinking that's it, I've lost my 1600£ drone! Luckily it did turn around eventually and come home! But it stayed hovering in the air about 8 ft from ground! While it was there, we tried everything to get it, closing down the app, restarting the app, restarted the controller. Everything! I even done the emergency cut power from drone so it drops out the sky! Well that also didn't work. After 5 minutes we done another piggy back and got the drone, tried to power off with the battery but it still didn't work. Eventually the battery died out at 10% so i got the drone back in one piece!

It's scared me now! I don't know what happened! I had full view of the drone with the iPad, no disconnections ! Even though it said signal lost? Can anyone recommend what to do next? Or any help in why this happened? I'm scared to fly again until I know why this happened! I've been flying for well over a year now and never had a problem like this!

All software is up to date, all batteries up to date.

I'm using an iPad, I don't have a computer but I will try do get flight data record off by tomorrow and see what's going on!
Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Those aliens have powers yet unknown to us. And I would be afraid to use THAT battery again. Did you discharge the battery and try again? Or try a new battery?

Those aliens have powers yet unknown to us. And I would be afraid to use THAT battery again. Did you discharge the battery and try again? Or try a new battery?

When we got the drone back, we tried to power of the battery as you would by tapping once and holding in but it didn't turn off, so waited until the drone had died completely! Strange.
I then tested another battery and the drone responded to everything I done. I'm just now worried to take it up.

Just checked the battery that was in this flight

Attachments

• IMG_4493.JPG
    IMG_4493.JPG
    226.1 KB · Views: 272

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member