Phantom4 pro swollen battery

Reaction score
My battery looks like there's air pocket in it. Is it safe to use to fly my p4p? I dont want to risk my drone falling or blowing up. It charge and it doesn't say anything on the screen about my battery being defective. The top picture that has the number 2 is little swollen. The number 1 on the bottom is hard and flat.

Yip myself would just use that for setting up settings etc,,I won't fly it,been there crashed hard,,I notice myself 1 p4 batt I been using now moves at least 7 to 10mm inside it's case so that another unsafe batt I have,,unsure what going on there till I get inside it,,no other batt do this,,is it possible that flight was longer than normal to create the swelling,noways I hardly ever fly longer than 20min to keep the heat sort of normal,,long flights tend to make batt very hot and that's where it all starts,,always play on the cautious side with any batt

I decide to add these pics showing movement and I consider this bit on the unsafe side,,,,
20190530_081445.jpg
Screenshot_20190530-081610.jpg

Reactions: sdileon
Thank you. It swells up when it get hot. But get to normal size and back to being hard like new again. Its suck because both batteries is swollen and i need all the batteries when i go to the Philippines and visit all this beautiful places. Now i only have one that works perfectly fine.

Never, never try to fly with a swollen battery. It’s done, throw it away. You may want to save the top half if something goes wrong with your other batteries. Do not cut or tear the foil. It will ignite very quickly.

Good advice! I am curious if you know... I recently revived my old Phantom 2, several batteries would not charge at all. Any idea about how to revive old batteries? It seems they may be beyond... I did search through lots of posts..this is the best I could find. Thanks!

Good advice! I am curious if you know... I recently revived my old Phantom 2, several batteries would not charge at all. Any idea about how to revive old batteries? It seems they may be beyond... I did search through lots of posts..this is the best I could find. Thanks!
There is a sequence for bringing them back to life. I read the sequence many times, but can't remember things well anymore. Ianzone knows it well. They are in his posts.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.