Phantom2 Vision camera

Reaction score
Any of you tech ninjas out there know if I can use this to fix my wifi module in my P2V? I know little about software but if this is something I can bolt on and program in some way, I can do it. I also have access to a pretty good programmer (he knows nothing about drones but if I have instructions to give him, he can do it).
1554758668066.jpeg

Any of you tech ninjas out there know if I can use this to fix my wifi module in my P2V? I know little about software but if this is something I can bolt on and program in some way, I can do it. I also have access to a pretty good programmer (he knows nothing about drones but if I have instructions to give him, he can do it).View attachment 110398
The problem has been reported a lot. The wifi modules on these have a high failure rate, and DJI no longer makes them. So you have to find a good used one, replace yours, and repartner it. I would suggest having it done by an expert. That said, don't expect a lot longer life for the replacement. My replacement failed in less than 12 months.

Thanks. Would scrapping the egg camera with a third party setup eliminate this problem?
It's not the camera...it's the wifi module. P2 uses wifi to transmit the video feed from the camera to the controller using that module. . I don't know of another rig to bypass all of that. If there was, it would have been reported on the P2 thread, as there's been lots of these posts. It's just a weakness in that design. There is a list of mods you can make to help it last longer. The problem is heat. Later modules had vent holes, but the bird itself is pretty sealed up, and it has no internal fans, like the P4.

I have this module. No idea if it is even compatible.
What about some strategic vents cut into the shell? Will that help?
1554758668066.jpeg

Any of you tech ninjas out there know if I can use this to fix my wifi module in my P2V? I know little about software but if this is something I can bolt on and program in some way, I can do it. I also have access to a pretty good programmer (he knows nothing about drones but if I have instructions to give him, he can do it).View attachment 110398

lets be sure

P2V egg shaped white camera > No repair without replacing camera

P2V plus small silver camera, can be repaired follow this video I made about the fix

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic