Phantom... what a hoot.

Reaction score
So... here in Michigan it's in the 20 degree F range, but I've been chomping at the bit to fly the Phantom around and get the hang of things. What a hoot this thing is, after just a few flights it's become muscle memory with the controller. I've got my finger on the BUY button to get the Mavic and give the P3S to my daughter. Never expected this little machine to be so much fun. What a hoot.

Funny you should mention that.

For the longest time I had no real interest in the drone movement. Then I got to fly a friend's Inspire.

I got bit by the bug in a big way!

55 hours of flying and 400+ miles in distance with my own P4 later and I'm still having a ton of fun with it.

AD

Maybe that's the trick. All my friends just yawn when I show them my Phantom. I need to get them to fly it a little (nice and high of course).

So... here in Michigan it's in the 20 degree F range, but I've been chomping at the bit to fly the Phantom around and get the hang of things. What a hoot this thing is, after just a few flights it's become muscle memory with the controller. I've got my finger on the BUY button to get the Mavic and give the P3S to my daughter. Never expected this little machine to be so much fun. What a hoot.

Thats great - and yes, they are addictive!

My mother in law bought me and my brother-in-law $25 Radio Shack copters last Christmas. It was no bigger than my palm. I thought it was cool but it was near impossible to fly. Fast forward a week or so later and I'm staring at the charging light like a little kid waiting for my next flight. We got better and better until we were sending each other "challenge" videos where we were flying under tables etc. Well after enough crashes my copter stopped working and 10 minutes later I bought a P3S. I sold off all my other hobbies and I haven't slowed down yet. I've never been bit by a bug so hard in my life.

My mother in law bought me and my brother-in-law $25 Radio Shack copters last Christmas. It was no bigger than my palm. I thought it was cool but it was near impossible to fly. Fast forward a week or so later and I'm staring at the charging light like a little kid waiting for my next flight. We got better and better until we were sending each other "challenge" videos where we were flying under tables etc. Well after enough crashes my copter stopped working and 10 minutes later I bought a P3S. I sold off all my other hobbies and I haven't slowed down yet. I've never been bit by a bug so hard in my life.

I love it! And some of those little palm sized copters can really take a beating and keep flying...amazing.

If we can help feed your new addiction in any way just let us know!

Have fun and fly safe.

www.FloridaDroneSupply.com

Funny, cause I bought my P3S because I'm waiting for my Mavic to arrive. Got a great deal on it on black friday shopping and she's been a blast to fly and learn the DJI methodology.

Funny, cause I bought my P3S because I'm waiting for my Mavic to arrive. Got a great deal on it on black friday shopping and she's been a blast to fly and learn the DJI methodology.

The P3S was a great black Friday deal...and a great warm up for your new Mavic. Did you get the hang of it right away?

Enjoy!

The P3S was a great black Friday deal...and a great warm up for your new Mavic. Did you get the hang of it right away?

Enjoy!

Oh yeah. Been flying some sort of drone for the last 5 years. My first expensive drone was the AR Parrot back in the day. I actually spent some time with the SDK making my own app for it. The Phantom is the first drone I own that is actually capable of getting good stabilized footage....so now it's more about learning to photograph with it then flying it.

Reactions: jamiemink

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerials