Phantom Vision shaking after GLB gimbal install

Reaction score
I bought this as an upgrade to my standard Vision gimbal. It's the eBay CNC one.

(http://www.ebay.com/itm/381279553961)

After quite a bit of fiddling with the setup menu I've finally got the gimbal steady and (almost) calibrated. Went for a test flight and now my I have a crazy vibration.
Anyone else have an issue with shaking / vibrating after installing one of these 'plug and play' gimbals?
If I fully uninstall the whole thing, my bird flies normally with no gimbal.

Any idea what is causing this, or better how to resolve?
Tried both DJI and aftermarket props - no difference.

Can anyone help with the above who's got the same gimble;)

Apparently nobody else has an issue like this? I'm not getting anywhere with this gimbal. I contacted the seller who reached out to their supplier. I got an email back with the same installation instructions. I replied asking for additional help from them, but I've not heard back.

Out of frustration I took this gimbal off and put the stock P2V one back on to test the flight stability. Smooth as glass with the stock one back on. I have no idea what to do aside from try to return the china gimbal.

I'll bump this again for ya buddy, can anybody help out with above?

Have you tried doing a search for your problem in the above search bar?

My Phantom did the exact same behaviour with that gimbal. I tried a lot of things to get it to work and finally ended up taking it off and returning to stock. The seller was basically non responsive to me and in order to send it back with tracking it costs almost as much as the gimbal did to start with.

Great... :-/

Now that I have it off the Phantom and had a chance to look close. There seems to be little or no wiggle room between the mounting plate and the gimbal. So the rear dampers don't really do anything. I wonder if a damper that was taller would help by providing space for the dampers to do something?

Great... :-/

Now that I have it off the Phantom and had a chance to look close. There seems to be little or no wiggle room between the mounting plate and the gimbal. So the rear dampers don't really do anything. I wonder if a damper that was taller would help by providing space for the dampers to do something?
Somehow I doubt it. I think it is in the software of the gimbal or one of the motors are wonky. As I said, I tried everything from a prop change to damper change and my Phantom did exactly as yours did. Even the seller admitted this was not correct. I chalked it up to bad luck but you and I are not the only people to get wonky gimbals from this guy.

Jumper,

Many thanks for jumping in.... See what I did there:D
No seriously thanks for helping out my freind;)

Have you balance the gimbal? You need to balance it properly or else the gimbal will vibrate.
A proper way of balancing is without power the gimbal will stay relatively horizontal for the pitch and roll.
it just need a bit of force to turn the gimbal.

Also you need to calibrate the gimbal with simple BGC program if the vibration did not improve after balancing.

another thing you can try is to off the power for the gimbal and try to fly the quad. if there is no vibration with the power off, then it is confirm the gimbal.

That is a different gimbal in that thread Porky.
That is a different gimbal in that thread Porky.
Oh........:eek: Thanks for pointing out jumper, thought it was the same:oops: oh well I only know the RPG so this one is totally foreign to me:eek:

I'll delete the post:oops::oops: how embarrassing.......

I bought this as an upgrade to my standard Vision gimbal. It's the eBay CNC one.

(2-axis Gimbal Aluminium for DJI Phantom 2 Vision camera helicopter motor cam)

After quite a bit of fiddling with the setup menu I've finally got the gimbal steady and (almost) calibrated. Went for a test flight and now my I have a crazy vibration.
Anyone else have an issue with shaking / vibrating after installing one of these 'plug and play' gimbals?
If I fully uninstall the whole thing, my bird flies normally with no gimbal.

Any idea what is causing this, or better how to resolve?
Tried both DJI and aftermarket props - no difference.

Hi MUNS,how did you get on with the shaking?

I had am having this same problem. May I ask Jarance what is BGC program. And where to find? After installing mine I also lost the battery and gps feed to my monitor. When plugged in to the computer I can see it. But not on my fpv viewer

Reactions: jarance
I wasn't able to resolve my shaking issues. I took the gimbal off. I'd love to get this thing working, but I have not made any progress.

Hi MUNS,me to mate I got same gimbal and shaking issues. Take it off and shaking stopped I've tried all sorts to stop it. Did you fit the bigger landing gear?

I had am having this same problem. May I ask Jarance what is BGC program. And where to find? After installing mine I also lost the battery and gps feed to my monitor. When plugged in to the computer I can see it. But not on my fpv viewer

check out the below thread. BGC program is a third party program to calibrate the china made gimbal.

chinese gimbal | DJI Phantom Forum

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl