PHANTOM VISION PLUS RETURNS HOME!!!

Reaction score
So long story short, some of you guys that have been members here might of remembered when I crashed in the ocean back in late summer of 2014. Well yesterday my dad was out fishing with my mother here in eastern NC at an island called hammocks beach (bear island) and my mother looked down and saw something white down in the water buried in the sand. It was my old P2V+!!! And it is still intact after 2 years of being in the ocean! We have even had some tropical storms come through since and it is still one piece! Unbelievable... The frame is still one piece and it is white and flexible, just like before, you know when you pinch the landing gear, it flexes! Thought I would share my story, being that Davey Jones has upgraded to somebodies P3 pro and P4 by now. Now, if I could just get this sd card out...:confused:;)

Attachments

• IMG_1114.JPG
    IMG_1114.JPG
    785.4 KB · Views: 519
  • IMG_1115.JPG
    IMG_1115.JPG
    768.9 KB · Views: 556
  • IMG_1116.JPG
    IMG_1116.JPG
    698.1 KB · Views: 519
  • IMG_1117.JPG
    IMG_1117.JPG
    693.4 KB · Views: 544
  • IMG_1118.JPG
    IMG_1118.JPG
    743.5 KB · Views: 579
Reactions: Falcon900
That's awesome. Clean the card with 99% isopropyl alcohol and let it dry completely. Most pharmacies don't carry 99%, and only have 91%. that just means you have 9% water in there. You can try 91% or order 99% from Amazon. SD cards are sealed pretty well; it's just the contacts that are exposed. Hopefully they didn't corrode away to nothing since they were plugged into the slot.

Wow! That's one heck of a good fortune to stumble onto the bird after two years lost at sea. Hopefully you can get data off the card.

Edit: Meant years, not weeks.

Last edited:
I just sprayed it with wd40 and I will let it sit for an hour or so. You ca see where the SD card is located in the pic and it covered it a corrosion type material that is hard as rock. I will report back if it is a success.

Well I got the sd card out, and it looks fine; even has the brass colored contacts still, but I cleaned it and it still won't read.:( I just get the time stamp and that's it. I will let it dry for a while and report back. I had contemplated opening the micro sd card up, but it appears to be one piece all the way through.

What time stamp? For each video file? Is the P2V+ the same as the P3 where the file may not have closed properly if power was cut short? If you can see a directory listing of files, that's a good thing. I wouldn't open the SD card up, that will only do more damage. I'm a computer forensics investigator.

you can probably use what is left as an organ donor

The sd card is probably ok.

You just need to finalise it by using the software mentioned above or putting in another drone.

I tried to clean some of the build up around the contacts with a pic tool and now the sd card will not even acknowledge when I put it in the computer. I must of have damaged something because before I would get the noise like when you plugged in a usb, but now nothing. As far as what the time stamp or what ever it is called, when the sd card would be acknowledged, it read October 5 2014 2:40pm. The phantom now hangs at my office at work.;)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik