Phantom Vision not connecting

I had the same problem. Updated the firmware; did not work. Rebinding did not work. Renaming the SSID did not fix it. Nothing seemed to work. I was about to go back to my local dealer, when I noticed the connector on the right side of the gimbal was not entirely pressed down (see the picture)
phantom_broken.jpg

Pressing it down, restarting the phantom, and I was able to connect to the wifi instantly.

I'm seeing that you updated the Phantoms main board firmware, and the RC (which, by the way, won't have anything to do with the wi-fi)... but have you updated the firmware on the camera?

Also... are you getting a green light on the camera at all? Or is the camera itself dead? If you're getting a green light, insert an SD card and push the button on the bottom of the camera to manually take a photo.. then insert the card in your computer and check that you, indeed, have a file on the card and the file actually contains a photo (not just a black frame).

If there's no file, or it's black, I'd say your camera is bad and needs to go back.

Finally, are you getting two green lights on the extender when you turn IT on?

Having a problem with connecting to the Phantom Vision. Everything is fully charged. I bring the app up on my phone and connect with the wifi and then I tap the camera icon on the menu, it goes to the next screen that is black and not showing image, the wifi symbol is blue for about 2 sec. then turns to gray. The battery symbol shows 0 percent and it's showing no memory card. ( there is a card in the camera ) not sure if its a camera issue or software. made one flight and then this happened.
( When it was connected for the first time there was a live image from the camera, now all there is is a black screen )

Forgot to mention earlier that with the black screen it flashes " Phantom 2 Vision Connection "

I have a similar problem, but mine has never done it before, i have used it for a bout a month and no issue, but yesterday, i took it up and on the way down, no warning lights or anything sounded, but if fell out of the sky, from 35m and just said "phantom connection broken" but thats for the app the controller usually works, but as it was falling i had no imput from the controller, and when i ran over to it the battery was out 2cm max and the lights were still on, i turned it off and tried to reconnect wifi but woundnt. Today i cleaned it up and charged everything up and went to fly, firstly it took unusually long to connect and when it was connected it only showed the live feed and wifi range extender battery, but not phantom battery or satelites, and then it said i had no sd, but i did, then it showed fight data,the altitude etc for almost 2 seconds, then went away. Then it lost connection, then regained it, did this for a little bit, then lost it completely, and wouldnt connect agian, but i took the drone up, and it flew prefectly, but no camera or wifi/flight data as stated....

PLEASE HELP, could it have been interferance from a 5.8g thing, to make th controller not work, or as it landed knocked something out, like a connector or something???

Last edited:
Why did it fall? Could it be because your battery was not inserted correctly?

When your aircraft crashes, before you power it up again you should go over it very carefully with a magnifying glass inside and out. Look for cracks in plastics, cracks in solder, disheveled plugs, cracked props, gps antenna askew, anything and everything.

Hello ok i dismantel my p2v+ complet
Includs new thermal greas to the fpv unit
After that i stared to have the same simtoms
And i re bind and chek everything and i
Found a lose conector ,when i move the connector i sats'battery'& image all
Came back i havent fixit and i am
Posting asp with pics .
Check the connector on your left
Near the memory card mine was
Lose reconecting solve the problem
But after a flying 2 or 3 times
The problem came back Waiting to fix
No time for now ,for me sounds like the same sintom .

Reformat memory card
Set video preview data rate to lowest resolution and slowest frame rate i.e. 320x240x15fps

If its the egg camera and its had a hard knock, i would suggest stripping the camera apart and checking that all the boards (4 in total) are still fitted together correctly inside the camera, they are screwed in place but can work loose over time, i did a video on how to open the camera and how the boards are put together here,

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik