Phantom SE picture stabilization problem

Reaction score
Hey guys!

Recently, I bought DJI Phantom 3 Standard and for the last two days I am practicing. The problem I have is that picture twitches, shaking almost every two seconds, like the gimbal is not stabilizing and it's really annoying. Do you know why is this happening? What can I do to solve this?

Here is a 20 sec video so you can see what I am talking about.. would really appreciate your help!

Hey guys!

Recently, I bought DJI Phantom 3 Standard and for the last two days I am practicing. The problem I have is that picture twitches, shaking almost every two seconds, like the gimbal is not stabilizing and it's really annoying. Do you know why is this happening? What can I do to solve this?

Here is a 20 sec video so you can see what I am talking about.. would really appreciate your help!

You asked your question at the P3SE. I advise you to ask it at the P3S. But good, just a try:
jello.jpg

Have a look at this topic: J-E-L-L-O

Reactions: dav2a
IF....it was mine and new.....id take it back for a exchange...hope it was a local store and has a return policy about defective merchandise !
You should NOT have to tinker around with it for what you paid !

Did yi remove the “remove before flight” piece of foam from the gimble plate end of the yaw arm? Don’t feel too silly if you didn’t, there have been a few others...

Have you tried calibrating the gimbal and IMU?
I'm not a fan of IMU calibration. If there is no clear cause that it can be solved with an IMU calibration, then I advise not to do it. If an IMU calibration isn't performed correctly, you sometimes cause more misery.

Keep looking for a simple solution. Is your drone tilted during a landing? You're not the first (and certainly not the last one). Therefore, check the rubber suspension of your gimbal / camera. Can they move freely? And when you bought the drone new, you also have a set of spare propellers. Try to fly with these spare propellers.

@chatikib, well I agree an IMU calibration most likely is not going to fix the problem and the rest of your post.
I cannot see how it would create additional problems if done incorrectly?
By saying incorrectly that would be un-level or messing with it when it says not to in the instructions.

Please explain your thoughts.

Here is a couple of threads on IMU, I would skip using a refrigerator or freezer. :rolleyes:

IMU CALIBRATION AND WARMING UP
IMU Calibration

For sure a gimbal calibration would be my first suggestion.
My second would be return it if possible, then my third is the search I posted on the closed thread.

Search Results for Query: jello | DJI Phantom Drone Forum

Phantom 3 jello effect on shutter

Other than that I hope the OP comes back. :)

We are just making a lot of posts for ourselves. :rolleyes:

Rod

Reactions: chatikib
And just how old is the Drone less then a year old ?....You have tryed all this and still have a a Big problem....and cant fly it yes Hope he comes back.

Reactions: chatikib
@chatikib, well I agree an IMU calibration most likely is not going to fix the problem and the rest of your post.
I cannot see how it would create additional problems if done incorrectly?
By saying incorrectly that would be un-level or messing with it when it says not to in the instructions.

Please explain your thoughts.

Here is a couple of threads on IMU, I would skip using a refrigerator or freezer. :rolleyes:

IMU CALIBRATION AND WARMING UP
IMU Calibration

For sure a gimbal calibration would be my first suggestion.
My second would be return it if possible, then my third is the search I posted on the closed thread.

Search Results for Query: jello | DJI Phantom Drone Forum

Phantom 3 jello effect on shutter

Other than that I hope the OP comes back. :)

We are just making a lot of posts for ourselves. :rolleyes:

Rod
For you as an experienced user (and all other experienced users) an IMU calibration is no problem. But for an inexperienced beginner (with the usual beginner problems), I think it is unwise to perform an IMU calibration without a clear reason. It creates only more doubts about the problem.

Reactions: RodPad
Do this modifications and your problems will be solved. Amps on 5.8Ghz and 2.4Ghz with Alpha 2.4. panels and blue proton 5.8Ghz with copper reflecter at the base so you can kind of a omni/directional signal. Lol
20180624_232757.jpg

Hey guys!

I looks like a write speed problem have you formatted the card in the drone What sort of card do you use

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164