Phantom 3 jello effect on shutter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Guys, I need help.

I have significant jello effect when my shutter speed is everything but 1/50. On 1/50 everything is overexposed and it is not usable. How is it possible that jello occurs on other shutter speed? Is is possible to set the exposure manually in manual mode, because when I change shutter jello is here :/

Try an ND filter. Also make sure your props are balanced, excessive vibrations can cause jello too. Make sure you have free motion of the gimbal too, no gimbal guard of foam insert etc. Make sure you only have 2 anti-drop clips installed on the gimbal not 4.

Make sure you only have 2 anti-drop clips installed on the gimba

My P3S came with 2 drop pins installed, but I've seen P3's with 2 or 4 pins. So when I crashed my P3S last year, and had to remove the pins and replace the antivibration board, I reinstalled it with 4 pins and have not had any video issues whatsoever. Rock solid video.

My P3S came with 2 drop pins installed, but I've seen P3's with 2 or 4 pins. So when I crashed my P3S last year, and had to remove the pins and replace the antivibration board, I reinstalled it with 4 pins and have not had any video issues whatsoever. Rock solid video.
Back when I had my P3 I tried it with 2 and 4 pins, having 4 pins seemed to add more noticeable vibration for me, it wasn't letting the absorbers do their job as well I'd guess.

Reactions: RunningWithScissors
Back when I had my P3 I tried it with 2 and 4 pins, having 4 pins seemed to add more noticeable vibration

I know, common wisdom is to use only two pins but, I thought, why not use four pins? Otherwise, why are there four tab holes? I had a sImilar problem with jello after replacing the vibration board and installing four pins. Couldn't figure out the problem until I checked the photos I took before the repair and discovered that I got sloppy during the repair, and the collars for two of the rubber shocks were not pushed through the tab holes like they should be, so the gimbal was just drifting back and forth causing the jello. I mistakenly assumed that the collars just rested on the support plate. Nope. I gently pushed the shock collars through the tab holes to anchor them from the backside like they should be, and video has been rock solid ever since.

Reactions: ryantrax
I think I spent more time sorting out the cause for the remaining jello than I did on the actual repair itself. Fortunately, I had the wisdom to take photos of everything before I started the repair. If it hadn't been for the photos, I'd probably still be trying to sort out that jello problem.

Hey guys,
Some of the answers and questions you have were already been in a conservation in this thread.
Phantom SE picture stabilization problem

The second poster should have reported it and this would be happening.

@mlogozar,
Welcome to the Forum!

Maybe a Mod will patch the two together, maybe not.

The jello question comes up a lot. Even currently my self. :rolleyes:

As stated in the other thread, I wouldn't tinker with it if you can take it back.

Not sure if you tried a search but try this...

Search Results for Query: jello | DJI Phantom Drone Forum

I'm getting 104 different threads. :eek:

Rod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72