Phantom receiver

Reaction score
This is supposed to be a receiver for a Phantom 1.1.1 and Phantom 2. It is 2.4 Ghz. I want to use it in another project. It doesn't match the photo in any of the advanced manuals that show how to bind them to a transmitter.

Does anyone happen to know what each 3 pin connector does? I assume at least one of them is ground, 5 volts positive and outpput signal. But which one? And which pin is the ground? And what does the other set do?

Thanks.

Edit: I found a photo of an FC40 receiver with cables attached, so I know which pins are the grounds and which are the signals. The output goes to X2 on the NAZA. I have no idea what the other cable is for.

Attachments

• receiver.JPG
    receiver.JPG
    295.2 KB · Views: 1,267
Hmmmm. Interesting. I can't find a DR16 receiver without a transmitter, though.

I DID get mine to bind, I think.I powered it up with a BEC and got the blinking red light. I did the thing with the transmitter and got a green blinking light. I get the blinking green light every time I power up the receiver and transmitter.

Having said that, I doubt if it is going to work with my project - a Pixhawk clone that says it needs PPM or S-BUS. The Phantoms use D-BUS, but I have read that the two are synonymous.

Unless this by some miracle this works, I guess I'll go a whole different route and get a Turnigy 9X transmitter and receiver and a PPM converter if needed.

Thanks for the help.

FWIW, the photos in the Phantom manuals show only one 3 wire connector and the button and LED on the bottom of the board.

This is not definitive -just my thoughts.

S-bus & D-bus are the same thing.
The X1 servo cable is only required with a PPM set up.

I have seen various issues experienced by folk trying to use the dual antenna Phantom Rx. Including me!

Provided you are using a DJ6 Tx, you could use any Futaba or Futaba compatible Rx. And that should work out cheaper than a whole new radio system.

Helipal were able to supply me with a DR16 Rx.

discv said:
This is not definitive -just my thoughts.

S-bus & D-bus are the same thing.
The X1 servo cable is only required with a PPM set up.

I have seen various issues experienced by folk trying to use the dual antenna Phantom Rx. Including me!

Provided you are using a DJ6 Tx, you could use any Futaba or Futaba compatible Rx. And that should work out cheaper than a whole new radio system.

Helipal were able to supply me with a DR16 Rx.

Oh, that is good to know!!!! Thank you for that info.

FWIW, I have the Phantom 2 receiver. I believe that is the same as the Phantom 1.1.1 receiver.

http://www.centuryheli.com/products/productdetail.htm?prtnm=DJIPH31&pageid=895

Here is the receiver for the original Phantom 1

http://www.centuryheli.com/products/productdetail.htm?prtnm=DJIPH19&pageid=895

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ODIN Reviews