Phantom Pilots of Southern California

Yes.

Hi Chris... just more of the confusion that surrounds the use in L.A. The ordinance in this case is regulated by the city through Recreation & Parks - http://www.laparks.org/venice/pdf/lamc63.pdf

First note Paragraph B: Within the limits of any park or other City-owned Harbor Department designated and controlled property within the City of Los Angeles: (Amended by Ord. No. 174,737, Eff. 9/9/02.)

• Then scroll down to B(8): No person shall land, release, take off or fly any balloon, except children toy balloons not inflated with any flammable material, helicopter, parakite, hang glider, aircraft or powered models thereof, except in areas specifically set aside therefor.

Be careful,
Reuben

Hi Chris... just more of the confusion that surrounds the use in L.A. The ordinance in this case is regulated by the city through Recreation & Parks - http://www.laparks.org/venice/pdf/lamc63.pdf

First note Paragraph B: Within the limits of any park or other City-owned Harbor Department designated and controlled property within the City of Los Angeles: (Amended by Ord. No. 174,737, Eff. 9/9/02.)

• Then scroll down to B(8): No person shall land, release, take off or fly any balloon, except children toy balloons not inflated with any flammable material, helicopter, parakite, hang glider, aircraft or powered models thereof, except in areas specifically set aside therefor.

Be careful,
Reuben

Ok, Thanks.

I've seen a few guys practicing now and then, I don't think they were approached by anyone asking them to stop. But in my experience of shooting in the area for almost 3yrs., there are some really nice officers who work at the port, and then there are the others... :rolleyes:

I've seen a few guys practicing now and then, I don't think they were approached by anyone asking them to stop. But in my experience of shooting in the area for almost 3yrs., there are some really nice officers who work at the port, and then there are the others... :rolleyes:
I appreciate the heads up.

FYI, just because you haven't been told by the authorities not to doesn't mean it's legal. If you check with local authorities you'll be able to confirm that both Los Angeles County and Orange County prohibit flying UAVs over beaches. LA City prohibits it in it's parks. So fly smart and just try not to get caught. Normally early in the morning is best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hello

I was also informed by the Huntington beach Sheriff office that its illegal to fly my drone in any OC beach. But for the last two hours I have not been able to fin the ordinance or law that states that. When you look at the Huntington beach city council.gov website it only states and references the FAA 107 laws, hers the link: City of Huntington Beach, CA - Huntington Beach Drone Information

Could you tell me what ordinance or law prohibits flying over oc beaches.

Thanks.

I've heard stories of guys being cited in Huntington Beach, but later charges were dropped because no infringement could be found. I think they only thing the city or county could do is pass an ordinance that prevents the take off and landing, they cannot control what's in the air, that's controlled by the FAA. So that kind of ordinance opens a pandoras box of technicalities. Banning the take of and landing of model aircraft in a city, really? Every little kid with an RC aircraft, or drone can't fly it at home in the back yard? That's a bit unreasonable, and ridiculous. And once it leaves the ground, that's the FAA's jurisdiction. I think that's why Huntington Beach drop the charges.

I too would like to see the ordinance that bans flying over beaches.

I won't fly over crowds, I stay away from people as much as possible, but I do fly over the water quite a bit, because it's safe.

Hey my fellow remote pilot peeps...I would be careful flying out in the high desert for the next couple of weeks, specifically around Barstow (within a 50 NM radius).

Here is the Flight Advisory (with NOTAM info).

Looks like we only need to worry about May 17, right?
There is no May 17 testing scheduled.

It looks like April 27 and May 3 are good days to fly.

Probably alien testing???? Area 51??? :rolleyes::D

Hey my fellow remote pilot peeps...I would be careful flying out in the high desert for the next couple of weeks, specifically around Barstow (within a 50 NM radius).

Here is the Flight Advisory (with NOTAM info).

I doubt anyone's flying in this area anyway, there's an army base and a marine base in that area and the military frowns upon showboating a drone over their bases ... lol

I doubt anyone's flying in this area anyway, there's an army base and a marine base in that area and the military frowns upon showboating a drone over their bases ... lol
I've flown that area a few times. There are some old deserted buildings throughout that area that are drone-video worthy. I'm not talking around the military installation, but the small towns around there, within their GPS testing range that's going on.

I've flown that area a few times. There are some old deserted buildings throughout that area that are drone-video worthy. I'm not talking around the military installation, but the small towns around there, within their GPS testing range that's going on.

ya i flew around that old waterpark once when the traffic to vegas was horrific to kill time, its still sitting on my computer, i havent made anything of the footage yet. But i just say that because theres a very slim area of flyable space between Ft Irwin, the Marine Base, Mojave park, and Daggat airport, and its easy to fly into especially Ft Irwins airspace because its so large and not even know it because it borders pretty close to the 15.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl