Phantom Pilots of Southern California

How about the Rose Bowl??? I played golf there and there are a lot of open field to fly and shoot. And with the Rose Bowl right there we could fly all around it because there is no game this weekend. Anyone wanna meet up there. It's kind of a central location to LA and Glendora. either text me 626.644.7332 or email me [email protected] when you guys figure out a central location.

Hi,

I just joined. I fly in the PV and San Pedro area parks. I stay away from those with posted signs. San Pedro's Friendship park is a nice place. I generally fly in the relatively early morning or late afternoons on week days to avoid people as much as possible.

What other places are photogenic areas to fly in the South Bay?

HUNTINGTON BEACH here I fly by the beach pier area dog beach ect 7148128671 if ya want to fly

Yes I want to fly. I am willing to travel out. Let me know the date. Next Saturday I have finals at the university after that I am free.

HUNTINGTON BEACH here I fly by the beach pier area dog beach ect 7148128671 if ya want to fly

Beaches are okay to fly? I'm in the long beach area alot.

I'm in long beach. Local laws say it's ok it fly when the sun is up. However, I have a pending case for disturbing the peace due to prop noise...I honestly don't know if the charge will be filed by the prosecutor or not yet. It really depends on what you're flying around. Not everyone is a fan obviously. I still fly here.

Beaches are okay to fly? I'm in the long beach area alot.

FYI, just because you haven't been told by the authorities not to doesn't mean it's legal. If you check with local authorities you'll be able to confirm that both Los Angeles County and Orange County prohibit flying UAVs over beaches. LA City prohibits it in it's parks. So fly smart and just try not to get caught. Normally early in the morning is best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FYI, just because you haven't been told by the authorities not to doesn't mean it's legal. If you check with local authorities you'll be able to confirm that both Los Angeles County and Orange County prohibit flying UAVs over beaches. LA City prohibits it in it's parks. So fly smart and just try not to get caught. Normally early in the morning is best.

So basically in OC and LA you can fly above your backyard and AMA fields. No parks or beaches. And obviously over someone else properties is questionable at best?

State park and national parks are iut of question as well.

Am I missing anywhere yiu can fly?

Ps. I have to say that I was flying down field of an airport runway (got video if anyone care to see. Beautiful shots.) and a police drove up and kindly informed me that I can't fly there and there was an AMA field near by that I would fly. She then give us some space (moved about 50 feet away) and watched us pack up and leave.

e696f23bbb35403a403215d8cf95bab9.jpg

Last edited:
There are other Cities intertwined amongst Los Angeles and some of them have not band flying in their parks, at least not yet. Your best bet is to call the police department of each City and ask.

There are other Cities intertwined amongst Los Angeles and some of them have not band flying in their parks, at least not yet. Your best bet is to call the police department of each City and ask.

Ok, so basically look for a city that has a more relax rule than a county one? I had understood your statement to cover all cities within both county limit. Now I understand you meant unincorporated area where the city do not have their own police force and relies on county sheriff.

Ps. Not every city has their own police Department. For example, Ladera Ranch in orange County does not, and they have got lots of fantastic parks (see it on Google)

I was referring to cities next-door to Los Angeles such as Torrance & Inglewood. Information is not perfect and you may have to ask more than once if you want to make sure. Example; Hermosa Beach policemen said okay to fly over beach. Lifeguard said no. Then verified not allowed by Lifeguard supervisor. Also, lifeguards just tell you to stop and don't write tickets. If you refuse to stop, then lifeguard calls police.
When I 1st called Manhattan Beach police back in February regarding flying in their Parks, was told okay.
Called again last month and was told no. But it's not like they have the UAV police out all the time :)

I fly in PV sometimes where the cliffs are, I am respectful, don't fly over house or people and keep the quad away from people. I am sure no where is ok to fly but until I am asked to stop I will continue, people need to see what responsible fly looks like.

Reactions: Basald
Donw35, that pretty much matches my flying locations and attitudes. I generally fly in the morning or very late afternoon. I do fly mostly in parks or schools, parks during the week and schools on weekends. If I see a sign posted that park is off limits. I stay low (<200) and close - easy line of sight. Yes I'm a boring pilot. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers