Phantom Pilots near London, Canada

Reaction score
Any other Phantom pilots live in or around the London area? Please feel free to leave a message here and maybe some of us can get together for some friendly flying or share locations for flying.
So far I have not found too many great places to fly that have lots of open space.

My name is Brian
Equipment: P2V with Rotorpixel gimbal

BManCan

I live in Windsor but camp in parkhill Great Canadian hideaway seasonaly ,out most weekends,also another guy with phanton 2 at our park has great field for flying.got some great shots of park ,also just. Got back from Jasper Alberta ,nice pics of rocky mountains.I'm new to this drone but loving it.

Hey Brian.

I am in SE London, Summerside. My back deck faces open farm field so I just mess around in that area for now. I just got a P2V+ yesterday.

Cheers, Paul.

North of University, about 70 flights under my belt, looking forward to the better weather to get some good video

I am a new Phantom Pilot and live near Arkona (half way between London and Sarnia). I work in London and one of my co-workers also has a Phantom 2. I have only flown the Phantom a few times and am really looking forward to flying a lot now that the nice weather is finally here.

John

Reactions: trekfuel
Hi my name is Andy, I am also new to the phantom flying, I do own an AR Drone 2.0 as well. I am currently waiting for my camera so I can attach it to my bird and go flying for some great aerial shots. I own a phantom 1.1.1 I am in Corunna Ontario which is about 3 miles south of the sarnia area. Looking forward to meeting up to some other phantom drone flyers.

Hey Brian, This is Dave, I live in the NW corner of London near Fanshawe and Hyde Park. I'm looking for fellow flyers as well, in the London area. If you're still looking contact me. Looking forward to meeting some people in the area. I have a P3Pro with HeadPlay FPV (so amazing)
Cheers
Dave

New phantom 3 pilot here
Live in London
Feel free to msg me

Hi Trek, this is Dave in London. I live up near Hyde Park. I'm looking for anyone interested in Flying by n the area. I've even thought about getting a group together. Let me know your thoughts. I'm m new to flying camera quads. I have flowed the small quads to learn how though.
Cheers
Dave
[email protected]

Hi guys, I'm a new pilot of a P3Adv. Live in Old South area. I've only flown twice, because.....it's winter. What's the coldest temp you guys have flown in?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

:cool:Hey...nice to hear from someone in London. Yes flying in winter can suck sometimes but if you're prepared it lots of fun

I've flown about four times so far in January, the coldest -8 Celsius If you search the site you'll see some other posts with flights at -25 Celsius. It is possible to fly in winter, with just a few precautions though.

Keep your batteries warm. This is really important. I fly for about 15-18 min max in the cold. Check your battery temp before you slowly lift off. Temp should be min 24-25c. Takes 2 minutes hovering to reach that temp.

If you're interested in flying some weekend let me know. Great opportunity to share tips etc. I'm planning to go this weekend. Looks like sunshine in the forecast. -3

Cheers
Dave

:cool:Hey...nice to hear from someone in London. Yes flying in winter can suck sometimes but if you're prepared it lots of fun

I've flown about four times so far in January, the coldest -8 Celsius If you search the site you'll see some other posts with flights at -25 Celsius. It is possible to fly in winter, with just a few precautions though.

Keep your batteries warm. This is really important. I fly for about 15-18 min max in the cold. Check your battery temp before you slowly lift off. Temp should be min 24-25c. Takes 2 minutes hovering to reach that temp.

If you're interested in flying some weekend let me know. Great opportunity to share tips etc. I'm planning to go this weekend. Looks like sunshine in the forecast. -3

Cheers
Dave

Thanks Dave,

I'm working this weekend, hoping to get out tomorrow though. Ill feel more comfortable with the tips.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'm in pond mills in London. I have p2 with go pro 3 and gimbal. Fpv. Feel free to msg and get together or share spots and pics. Looking forward to the nice weather!

Hey Brian, This is Dave, I live in the NW corner of London near Fanshawe and Hyde Park. I'm looking for fellow flyers as well, in the London area. If you're still looking contact me. Looking forward to meeting some people in the area. I have a P3Pro with HeadPlay FPV (so amazing)
Cheers
Dave
Sorry for not responding sooner. I started this thread but have upgraded my P2V to an Inspire 1, and do not frequent the Phantom Pilots forum as often anymore.
It would be cool to get together with some other London flyers.
Do you have any suggestions for nice areas to fly around London?
Would love to check out the HeadPlay FPV.

Brian

Dave Cooke here from Sarnia . . couple or 3 Phantoms active here in Sarnia. Just sold my Phantom 4 and ordered the Phantom 4 Pro. I'm active with COPA Canadian Owners and Pilots Association. They are starting up a UAV/Drone membership drive to encourage mingling with other pilots across Canada, to get them involved in aviation rather than shunned but public ignorance. Check out my Drone Issues I've been raising with Transport Canada. New Rules coming out next year look more promising. Drone ISSUES . . . there is lots of help for new Drone pilots.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl