Phantom Pilots in or around Tucson AZ.

My buddy and I are always looking for people to fly with. We are on the east side but are willing to fly anywhere

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'm in Tempe but make my way down every now and then

KC4E you're the buddy I was talking about!

We are going to fly at the top of mt. Lemon this Saturday. If you would like to join us. It is just me and my friend desert air

Too bad I won't be back until the winter...maybe October.

Santa brought me a P3-4K. Practiced once before the rains came at lower Tanque Verde parking lot. Planning to go again Sat Jan 7th about 2pm.
Looking to meet other P-pilots in the Tucson area. I'm in east Tucson.

Last edited:
Reactions: azgeek
Not at all, it is a great group of all levels. Bring whatever you have, or just come and watch us try to look like we know what we are doing!
Good to know. I won't be able to make it this weekend but will definitely join in on a future event (assuming I can get my Meetup account to work).

Tanque Verde flight report.
The lower Tanque Verde parking lot and nearby road were full of cars so we headed over the ridge to MP 10. I got one flight in before "target" shooters showed up with shotguns, automatic (not semi) weapons and metal targets. Time to leave. The main road was in bad shape and the side trails real bad and I have 4wd. Never again.
Oh, did I mention the dozens of shotgun shell casings scattered around the small area we were flying? Or the closed areas due to lead contamination?
Not as bad as my drone, which from what I understand will cause the Earth to leave it's orbit and collide with Pluto. :)

Has anybody flown on the BLM land at Empire Ranch? If so have you tried to notify the ultralight airfield manager?

td

Last edited:
. Never again.

I hear you. I've been in Tucson for more than 30 years and only visited that area once. Further up Reddington Pass is even scarier with all of the gunshots being heard and the place carpeted with shell casings. I went up there for some photography about 15 years ago and swore I'd never go back (at least not without my own firearm o_O). Putting up a drone in that area is just begging for it to be shot down, so kudos to you for calling it quits.:(

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4