Phantom overweight with Zenmuse H3 2D Gimbal?

Re: Phantom overweight with Zenmuse H3 2D Gimbal...Nope

As the previous guy said "Interesting Discussion"
In my opinion the Phantom2 is great and not the least bit overweight, maybe a little pudge but that's it. I have a Phantom2, Gimbal, GoPro,FPV video setup and the ground station setup (waiting for firmware). It fly's great in that config. I tried taping a 2200mah lipo to it to see if it handled the extra weight and it handled it but could have used a little gain, which I need to up a tad anyhow. Even taped a 5000 lipo on it (who doesn't need 10,100 mah's)and it got in the air but that's to much even for the bigger birds to add. I have had it out 3 miles and 800' up filming and sending back OSD to my FPV setup. I can throw it in the back of the burb, backpack etc and when I pull it out....nobody flips out over the drone thing.I have wanted to build one that could haul more longer but the problem is longer isn't happening for most of them. I'm not familiar with a lot of them but is there anything I can get a solid 30 minutes of flight with loitering, that I would build! I still have a few of the 80 size gasser Helis that I always wanted to throw an American180 under with a 300 round drum and go rabbit hunting, on my own property of course. With today's FPV it would rock!

Phantom2,Gimbel,GoPro3+,OSD,Vtx and Data Point=20+minutes

Wangta said:
Is anybody seriously consideirng upgrading to a F450? I'm thining of doing it and there are a couple options:

1. Take the components from the Phantom and transplant them into a F450 flame wheel. I'm not sure what exactly the upgrade is on this besides a sturdier frame, and wider prop distance. Can we replace the stock phantom ESCs with 30A so we can use bigger batteries + bigger props?

2. Buy a new F450 frame and components, and sell Phantom. Or buy both F550 with required parts, then just buy a F450 frame? You could swap the components between the F550 and F450 pretty easily?

Honestly, I'm not sure what the best option is. I'm guessing with (1) there are limitations to what type of battery we could use - would it fry the inside components? I heard the Phantom is only rated up to 3S.

I love the Phantom but with my current load (FPV + gimbal + H3B + OSD), I'm getting ~5 minutes of flight time. I'd love to get double that or in the low teens if possible? Can the F450 do that?

Sorry I already posted then saw this. Get a Phantom2 as I have all the same gear and I get 18 minutes going full bore out and back 3 mile out, 6 mile total run. I'm sure easy loitering would get you 20+.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31