phantom is going haywire

When you start your motors do they all start at the same time and reach idle speed at the same time?

If you turn your motor casings by hand do they all offer the same resistance or is one different to the others ?

I think one starts slightly after the others (ever so slightly). And I don't think they have the same resistance.

Do you mean that one of them has more resistance than the others, or they are all different.

If you mean just one, is it the same one which may be starting late, and, if so, is it one of the front ones ?

Proabably worth a motor change in that case.
Could the motor have been damaged by impact, or by ingress of sand etc ?

EDIT: Also you have not clarified whether you are in manual mode or not. You say you are in NAZA mode.... manual mode is a sub mode of NAZA mode. Are you taking off in GPS mode or ATTI... what position is your right hand switch in ?

Did you actually try to remove the gimbal too see if the fault went away ?

Last edited:
There's a lot of people here who would like to help, but you make it obvious that you haven't read the manual, and you haven't provided any details of what your Phantom is doing other than a very vague "... It's own thing.".

Proabably worth a motor change in that case.
Could the motor have been damaged by impact, or by ingress of sand etc ?

EDIT: Also you have not clarified whether you are in manual mode or not. You say you are in NAZA mode.... manual mode is a sub mode of NAZA mode. Are you taking off in GPS mode or ATTI... what position is your right hand switch in ?

Did you actually try to remove the gimbal too see if the fault went away ?
Hi. It's been in GPS mode. Both switches up. Removed the gimbal and fault continued followed the (very) basic instructions supplied but I've seen a film on YouTube that says pins are the wrong way round. Hope this didn't effect the esc's

There's a lot of people here who would like to help, but you make it obvious that you haven't read the manual, and you haven't provided any details of what your Phantom is doing other than a very vague "... It's own thing.".

Yes I have read the manual. In fact before even purchasing the phantom I did a lot of research on it. In fact it's becoming a big part of my life and I didn't want to spend so much money and get it wrong. I have put up as much info as I can. "Doing its own thing" means just that. When I got to take off it flips, when I pitch fwd it goes back and visa versa. All of which I've put in the thread.

You don't know the difference from Manual and NAZA modes, so the first thought is that you didn't read the manual.

Yes manual is on the RC unit. GPS is on the right. Position full fwd (or up) Middle is manual (attitude) and my position 3 (all the way back) I have configured to fail safe.

Just so you are aware, (and I dont want to get off track here because it is not fixing your problem) Middle position S2 is NOT manual, it is ATTI. Manual is another flight mode. Manual is only possible if you configure S2 bottom to be Manual. You have not, you have chosen Failsafe. So all is good there. You were not flying in manual.

Do you have a video of the way the aircraft behaves when you try to fly it ?

Problem not fixed but thanks for all your help guys.

40127afabbc007d94073dae9b2de09dd.jpg

This wire wasn't incorrectly.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj