phantom is going haywire

Please help. is there anything i can do to sort my problem out? i tried taking off and the aircraft did it's own thing. I've tried to reset (I think) both the craft and the remote. this was after i fitted an after market gimbal

The aircraft did its own thing ???
Only you know what that means. Without explaining what your Phantom did, it's going to be hard to get a solution.

If it happened after fitting the gimbal - try removing the gimbal and confirm that the Phantom flies properly to work out whether the problem is due to the gimbal or something you accidentally did to the Phantom while you were installing the gimbal.

Have you had any successful flights before the gimbal ?
What did the bird do ?
What bird do you have ? (sorry if I missed that)
What software are you running ?
Yes you can power a transmitter & gimbal just how you do it is a big deal (all on what bird you have)
Can you tell us how you calibrated the bird and controller ?
Like IflyinWY & Meta4 said more info will help us help you to get back in the air (or in the air) :)

Yes. Bird was working fine up to fitting gimbal. First flight it took off and just flipped.(forwards). I checked to see if I'd accidentally switched controls over to left handed operation (mode1) so I then re calibrated and checked firmware. I then tried all functions with no props. And when I tried to stick forward the bird wants to go back [emoji15] I checked to ensure all actions were set to "norm" and not "Rev"

Is the top on backwards?

I'll check back when there's more info about what's going on.

As mentioned above, are you sure the top shell just isn't on backwards? You say you go forwards and the bird flies backwards, could be that. As for the flipping, I don't know what to tell you. We really need more info here.
What model is your bird? P2V? P2 non-V? P1?
Did you have any prior crashes?

Is your bird stationary from the time you power it up, until you try to fly?
I believe they don't like to be moved while they are waking up.

I have no idea how a Phantom does it on a boat.

And seriously sapper785, offer up more info or forget finding a solution to your problem.

Please help. is there anything i can do to sort my problem out? i tried taking off and the aircraft did it's own thing. I've tried to reset (I think) both the craft and the remote. this was after i fitted an after market gimbal

Make sure your left switch is up or off, then make sure that the other upper switch is also up, GPS ATTI mode, especially if your flying naza mode. Make sure you have gone into the flight Assistant and downloaded the latest firmware and be sure to go to DJI and download the latest firmware updates prior to that. Re calibrate your compass and IMU at the same time, meaning, do one then the other. Take off and the Phantom should just hover and not go anywhere, if it begins moving on
it's own, go back and start over, but land immediately if it does begin moving.

Just a thought. But reading through some other blogs and posts on various sites. It could be one of my motors or esc's that has an issue.

What are your thoughts guys and how can I eliminate this?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik