phantom fell out of the sky doa

Its very suspicious when someone says their bird just fell out of the sky in the forum, and after several requests to post the flight logs, they dont appear.....seems like either you were doing something you should not have been doing, or your embarrassed to admit this was somehow your own fault which the logs would prove.

Reactions: snowghost and Pharm
What? Can they even check if you were using litchi ?
YES.
The DJI SDK it uses has to be activated the first time you use the Litchi app.
You can compare it with activating the drone the first time you want to use it.

Can almost guarantee you need to be looking somewhere other than at litchi for the cause if this unfortunate outcome. What was your battery level at launch. How long since battery charged/flown. Upload your flight log to HD, here may be some clues there.
Litchi wouldn't do that, has to be something else!

Person you spoke to is ill informed. Only time you may see warranty denied where litchi was used is where you can't recover and provide the AC for flight log analysis (ie DJI can, seemingly reasonably, argue that without the flight log it's impossible to conclude whether AC hardware or software issue was the cause). DJI does not lie the litchi flight logs either, they aren't encrypted (subject to tampering) and it has been suggested contain less detail than those produced by the GO app.

Go to healthy drones, upload log file and share the link here and you may get a lot closer to understanding what happened.
My brother had his P4. Crash using Litchi, it was a failure of the electrical inside the Drone, something shorted, his was replaced even though he was using Litchi, DJI didn't recommend using it but they replaced his P4!

Probably not, but I guess one would struggle to explain missing logs (when flying using Litchi) from DJIGO app that are auto uploaded to their servers. They would (reasonably) want to review same to see what caused problem..

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
They aren't auto uploaded to DJI, when you hit the little cloud symbol they are uploaded, you have to upload them that don't happen automatically.

It did get very quite very quickly, was I just wasting time? Really hate when people do that!!! No log uploaded no nothing........... sucks, try to help and this,,,,,,,,,,,

Reactions: Pharm
My first thought is that there was a software conflict between DJI Go and Litchi... I use both...sometimes
my control monitor locks up ....have to force stop DJI Go and cancel default setup in order to let Litchi have
complete control of the craft. This is in the instructions too.

My brother had his P4. Crash using Litchi, it was a failure of the electrical inside the Drone, something shorted, his was replaced even though he was using Litchi, DJI didn't recommend using it but they replaced his P4!
In the instances I am aware of, from this and other forums, DJI has refused to offer assistance in flights flown with Litchi where the AC wasn't bailable for assessment (not recovered by operator after the incident). The reason sighted being that without the AC available to extract and analyze they are unable to determine the cause of the incident. DJI have, according to users accounts, refused to accept the Litchi created log file as evidence of what occurred. Unlike the DJI GO log which is encrypted (to the extent it may be altered it would be a feat outside the capability of most users) the Litchi log is a CSC file which some have suggested contains less information that the DJI GO log.

My first thought is that there was a software conflict between DJI Go and Litchi... I use both...sometimes
my control monitor locks up ....have to force stop DJI Go and cancel default setup in order to let Litchi have
complete control of the craft. This is in the instructions too.
Litchi will not shut down the motors in mid-flight. Just a reminder - you do not need a tablet/phone to fly.

Check your log but sounds more like the infamous battery disconnect problem with P4P. Read below:
You are not alone with this issue:
For those of you in this forum: The battery disconnecting is a BIG ISSUE with P4P's in general with well over 75 people on this forum alone reporting the issue and backed up by videos. Glad to see PHANTOMRAINSUIT.ORG, with a dual purpose product that prevents it. We will purchase one and test. As for now we are out 1800.00! So right now we have filed a lawsuit against DJI as this is a KNOWN identified and documented defect in design.They are NOT covering it even if you are 1 day out of warranty and will not even look at the data if you send it to them. Is that policy a good way of supporting their customer base who put them on the map? Certainly not and really reveals they know the problem exists. DJI refused to repair this defect in design. Note that V2 of the P4P has a NEW BATTERY SENSOR that will warn and prevent the Phantoms from falling out of the sky scenarios which again clearly reveals they recognize the problem but again are not acknowledging it or supporting us. Remember the GoPro drone had the same issue and all were recalled and refunds issued. If you want to join the long list of those who have had this problem send your eMail/contact info to me at [email protected]. Attached is a picture of the new Battery sensor on the P4P V2's.

Please do not respond to criticize here, I am an FAA IFR rated Fixed wing Pilot and Part 333 /107 drone pilot. I have been flying DJI products for over 7 years with over 3500 flights. Their blatant refusal to acknowledge and WARN all of us regarding this issue is not the way to treat their loyal customer base and is very dis-heartening for our company to have to take legal action against them.
p4p-battery-sensor-1-jpg.100655

the P4P has a NEW BATTERY SENSOR that will warn and prevent the Phantoms from falling out of the sky scenarios which again clearly reveals they recognize the problem but again are not acknowledging it or supporting us
I don't think this sensor is going to prevent Phantoms from falling out of the sky (if that's even a legit issue). It does nothing more than prevent people from taking off with an improperly installed battery (one of the common pilot errors).

The sensor had nothing to do with holding in the battery. It’s a passive pressure sensor. There is no way to release anything like the top and bottom buttons.

Latches are the same.

Fully respect your air time and respective licenses. But there is nothing more holding the battery in the Vr2 than the previous drone.

I have both also. And both are relying on the top and bottom push buttons to hold the battery in place.

I have never liked this setup and have always used gaffers tape to help hold the battery in.

As more of these reports seem to come in summer I believe the drone shell may be expanding and the battery may release enough to power off the drone. Battery get much hotter in summertime flights. After 25 minutes and 1 flight very hot to the touch.

Paul C

Wow... I was just going to post this question. We're experiencing 90 + degree weather here in the Great White North. (Believe it or not) I was wondering if extreme heat would have any ill effects on my drone if I were to fly it in these conditions? Not that I want to stand outside for any length of time in this heat... but... You never know. :grimacing:

Wow... I was just going to post this question. We're experiencing 90 + degree weather here in the Great White North. (Believe it or not) I was wondering if extreme heat would have any ill effects on my drone if I were to fly it in these conditions? Not that I want to stand outside for any length of time in this heat... but... You never know. :grimacing:

So we took this the other day when it was 100 degrees outside .
You can see the Drone is wearing the Phantom Rain Wet Suit and we flew two flights .

You can see heat was not an issue in the flights . No warnings of any kind on the Pro Plus controller to show.
Its the cold that can really mess with your drone , not so much the heat.

We flew for 2 hours filming the Totality In TN and are sony camera lens melted but the drone was fine flying.

You can see the video at phantomrain.org but these pictures should work just fine.
94 to 104
96 to 118 on the motors

Phantom can handle 150 degrees easy on both the battery and motors.

You have to keep in mind that the flight is limited to about 20 to 26 minutes. So heat is never really an issue .
both the battery and the brushless motors are made to withstand much more heat .

Enjoy

Screen Shot 2018-07-03 at 9.10.29 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-07-03 at 9.10.01 PM.png

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers