Phantom FC40 Motor Replacement

Reaction score
After several crash... I notice that 2 of my motor are bend. Although I can fly but the Vibration from stock motor was quite strong and caused massive jello in my Video. So I decide to change with new motor.

Sadly... Stock Motor of Phantom 1 is stop from production. Not easy to find. So I'm thinking to have other brand of Motor. I did some research in web but seems not really get which motor is the correct one.

Phantom FC40 / Phantom 1 has the same ESC P330

What kind of motor support for ESC P330?

How to calculate Amp output from ESC P330?

some threat mentioned that only 2212 920KV but why?
what happen if I use other type of motor which bigger?

Looking forward for the guidance from "DJI Master" out there

Get yourself a set of anti gravity t-motors. Problem solved.

I wouldn't go mix and matching different size motors on the same aircraft. That's just asking for even bigger issues than jello in your video. If nothing else, and all you can find is the bigger motors, make sure you replace all 4.

I am in same predicament. Where would you suggest specifically to purchase these new motors and what brand? Thanks for any help.

What is the life expectancy of the phantoms motors ie how many flights can you get before they call it quits ?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

What is the life expectancy of the phantoms motors ie how many flights can you get before they call it quits ?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

The only wearing parts are the bearings. If you don't hear any squealing, etc. or notice one warmer than the rest (friction) after flying you're fine. I have hundreds of hours (700+) on BLDC motors in CP-helis so replacement for any other reasons than what has been stated or damage from a crash you are wasting money. The motors will likely outlast all other parts of the quad.

Reactions: René Wilhelm
I have flown my phantom for a year and a half every day with 2 battery's flits and I and I am now replacing my motors
I just installed 4 new anti gravity motors and then flew my phantom. I powered it up and lifted 3 feet off the ground, all by its self , took off out of control Does any one think I need to replace all of my speed controllers to go with those motors ?

I just installed 4 new anti gravity motors and then flew my phantom. I powered it up and lifted 3 feet off the ground, all by its self , took off out of control Does any one think I need to replace all of my speed controllers to go with those motors ?
Will any one with technical back ground PLEASE help with my problem?

You see this wines me up every forum does it your asking for help and no ones gives a flying ..IT
IM sorry dude but I can't help you on this but I'd like to know my self which did you fit and did wire up something wrong

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20