Phantom Drone First Edit!

Reaction score
Hey guys tell me how you like it. This is my first drone edit. Thanks for taking time out of your day to watch some of this.

Hey guys tell me how you like it. This is my first drone edit. Thanks for taking time out of your day to watch some of this.
Not to bad. A bit fast and a little choppy. In time with better piloting skill, you will get more creative.
Slow it down a bit and don't be in such a hurry to complete your project.
Good luck and keep at it.

It's not available mate

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Hey man i all used was my simply Gopro editor because it is one of the most simplest programs out there that has many options. I have used softwares like SonyVegas but it is just so confusing to us. It is not user friendly. I suggest using gopro editor as it is a great program

Not to bad. A bit fast and a little choppy. In time with better piloting skill, you will get more creative.
Slow it down a bit and don't be in such a hurry to complete your project.
Good luck and keep at it.
Ok man will take in consideration for my next one! Thanks for the advice!

The Go Pro editor is proprietary software and will only work with files created on the Go Pro camera. It will not work on the DJI .mov or .mp4 camera files. I've tried to convert them to various other file types and open them with the GP editor with no success. The Go Pro software is free BUT they want it to be used with their camera. I get their reasoning.

I'm assuming he's flying a P2 with a Go Pro camera attached. I have one I don't use since I bought the P3A.

Reactions: sonof40
no i do not have the gopro on my drone. i have the OG camara that came with my phantom 3 advanced. I converted the files to work with my gopro files.
I'm assuming he's flying a P2 with a Go Pro camera attached. I have one I don't use since I bought the P3A.

The Go Pro editor is proprietary software and will only work with files created on the Go Pro camera. It will not work on the DJI .mov or .mp4 camera files. I've tried to convert them to various other file types and open them with the GP editor with no success. The Go Pro software is free BUT they want it to be used with their camera. I get their reasoning.
the Gopro studio does work with the drone very easily. maybe you have the wrong version or something.

Darned if you are correct. I downloaded the latest version of Gopro Studio and it did open and edit the files. That's good to know. I'm using some more advanced edit programs but the GP software does offer some quick and easy templates when you don't want to spend two hours editing a video. :)

not for me it didn't.. What the hell..

I just downloaded it, it finds the folder but ZERO videos.

Actually I'm back to saying it doesn't work. I was able to open the file BUT the edit functions like split frame and markers didn't work. Those are must have for editing. :-( I'll be sticking with Filmoura and Magix editor, not free but a lot cheaper than Final Cut.

Just had my first flight and recorded some video with the default settings. Looks like it is 4K MOV file and I can't do a thing with it. What software editor/converter might help me in making this a usable file for sharing. I work off of a PC not a Mac/Apple. Thanks for your input.

You don't want to convert it. .MOV is ok but you might want to change the camera settings to MP4 instead. When you say "I can't do a thing with it" what does that mean? Can you at least open and view the file?

You don't want to convert it. .MOV is ok but you might want to change the camera settings to MP4 instead. When you say "I can't do a thing with it" what does that mean? Can you at least open and view the file?
I can open and view it only on the ipad connected to RC. If I take the microSD out of the AC and download the .MOV to my PC, it won't open. I did convert the .MOV to MP4 in 1080p with a converter I bought online. It is successfully uploaded to Youtube. I have not figured out yet how to get into the library on the DJI Go app to manipulate the .MOV file. I can't seem to get to that screen.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl