Phantom connection Broken

Reaction score
I get this message within 30 seconds of turnitng everything on. I'm using the Samsun Galaxy S4 and have run the "bind" utility several times, turned off "auto network search" in the phone. I'm afraid to fly this thing without the telemetry provided by the Wifi signal. Any suggestions? I see by the searches I've made that I'm not the only one with this problem. By the way, I'm in the So. California desert, the nearest cell tower is 4 miles away and the nearest utility pole is 2 miles away and my local in house network is turned off. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

Maybe try a different phone with a different version of the app.

And are you sure you are binding the phone to the RE and not the Camera? The camera IP Should be hidden, but I've heard of people having this problem.
Also have you connected everything while at home with Internet access on your phone. It needs to do a handshake with the DJI Website?

As RCRookie says you have to put your username/password in the app for it to work properly. Go to Settings / account and check.

I'm having the same issue. Using a galaxy 3 but I don't think it's the phone. I believe it is the connection between the phantom camera and range extender...

I've logged on successfully to the DJI site that's not the problem. I tend to agree with lbaker122, it's not the phone. I can connect to my local network with the S4 and it stays up for hours, when I connect to the RE maybe 30 seconds and it drops with a "turned off" message. A few seconds later it reconnects, stays on for 30s and drops. It will do that for hours with no intervention by me. Maybe the RE needs a firmware update, I'll check with the DJI folks.

Thanks for your time.

Paul

Turn the auto search on for the wi-fi on your phone. It takes a few seconds to bind. If you lose it. you have to re-boot the phone and the controller and wi-fi extender. When it bootsuoyou should see Phantom with a number in the upper part of the app. While searching for the Phantom on your phone and there are other connections in the window, check off the Phantom.
Hope this helps.

I'm playing with it now, turning on auto search made no difference. Other folks have said to turn auto search off. I don't think it's a phone problem, I think it's in the RE every 30 sec or so it drops off then reconnects. This is very frustrating. :|

Just went through the bind process again I've done this a dozen times, no help, still failing. Is there a way to verify the firmware version of the camera and the RE. I mean by plugging in the USB cable directly to the device and read the version, not what's printed in the owners manual.

Tincup, I was wrong. It was my phone. On my galaxy 3, under mobile networks in settings there is a connections optimizer setting. I disabled that and told the phone to forget any other wifi access points it was connecting to. It works now!. It's raining so I'm not going to send it up but I was getting a great signal through by basement cement block wall. I was getting disconnected constantly before...

lbaker122, my S4 doesn't have a connection optimizer setting but it does have Auto Network Switch, I think they're the same thing and mine is turned off. Actually, I have everything under Advanced settings in Wifi turned off. When it fails, on the Wifi networks page it says "turned off" when the Phantom link fails and I can watch the RE, it goes from blinking to solid green and drops the connection. It's almost like it's failing a hand shake with the phone. I guess I can bind it again for the umpteenth time ;)

I fixed the problem with broken connections by turning ON "Airplane Mode" on my S4, Yea! Still have a CMOS error when I turn on the video camera that's another issue for DJI.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl