Phantom circling in its own footprint

Reaction score
well I have done all the major updates and the normal stuff. But today my flight was weird. Not stable. Any ideas, I film my flights so maybe you can give me feedback what is wrong.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hi...nice job...the movie seem normal

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
No I was struggling to keep it up in the air. Could not make moves I use for video work. Just made the best of it. I do a test flight first the review it then do a final flight. But I took it down. I found a very big mast station 2 miles away maybe cause

No I was struggling to keep it up in the air. Could not make moves I use for video work. Just made the best of it. I do a test flight first the review it then do a final flight. But I took it down. I found a very big mast station 2 miles away maybe cause
A mast two miles away will have zero effect.
You need to look a lot closer to your Phantom.
When and where was the compass calibrated?

Seems like a compass issue. I would find an area that is clean and calibrate the compass.

A mast two miles away will have zero effect.
You need to look a lot closer to your Phantom.
When and where was the compass calibrated?
Hi, I calibrated the compass in a clear area at home in a field which I have used many times, 27 miles from the location I filmed. I guess I will calibrate again and check. But I must admit I have never seen a circling action rather than a lack of position drift. Hope the motors are operating ok.

Pretty sure that if you had a bad motor, you would have a lot more serious things happening!

Pretty sure that if you had a bad motor, you would have a lot more serious things happening!
Hi, I did a test today my first flight since. I had compass error in red so it was a short flight. It's at my home location and the compass was done before flight. Used my iPhone with latest firmware as my iPad I don't use often. I am going back to the location tomorrow to see if the problem persists. I am going to wipe and do all firmware updates to see. Today's flight was ok apart from a compass error warning. My worry is I will lose all my camera settings and control setting I made over a few months. I guess better to lose the settings than the drone. Today's flight was stable

Still having issues with the phantom circling in its own footprint. Litchi app Dji go app totally reset and updated the phantom. Any idea so.

If you're sure you did the compass calibration correctly, the only other thing I can think is you have to degauss the compass and calibrate it again fresh. This is not from my own experience but it's what I've read on this site and IIRC it's also in the manual. So you might look into that.

Deguass = circle the compass with a magnet.

Research it please.

I would send it to a tech and not mess with it.

Problem solved... I removed the Dji go app from iPad and iPhone and reinstalled . Works great now and stable. The first video location at the top of this discussion is were I filmed yesterday. This is the result.

Thanks for all your help

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic