Phantom Battery Won't Charge - LED blinks 3 times

Hibernation mode ... yes DJi say about the red light ... BUT that is not always the case ... I know personally that lights can be all sorts and this will still be the case.

I do not say ALL are ... but its worth the try.

As to jumping the LiPo ... I would use a proper LiPo programmable cahrger set to NiCd and 2.0A, auto voltage.

Clip to the main power leads and charge as a NiCd till voltage is about 12.0 or slightly more but not over 12.6V. This way you have brought the battery to minimum level for DJI charger to accept.... or LiPo charger. Why direct to battery leads internally ? To avoid the board refusing to pass charge ...

Ideally it would be good to do cells individually but its difficult on a DJI battery as the balance plug is very small and does not fit normal LiPo socket etc.

Honestly - if you do not know how to do this .. are unsure ... best NOT to do it.

Nigel
Thanks, Nigel. I think I will take your advice and NOT play with it..

You should never charge 'immediately after' a flight, even if the battery will accept a charge. Let the battery cool down first. This will greatly extend the battery's life.

A very important but often overlooked point. It pays to read the instructions...

Do NOT charge battery immediately after flight, because the battery temperature may be too high. DO NOT charge the battery until it cools down to near room temperature. Charging the battery outside of the temperature range of 5℃-40℃ may lead to leakage, overheating, or battery damage.

FIXED, I put my battery in the freezer for ten minutes.

Wouldn't recommend leaving it in there for much longer, but this fixed mine. Charging fine now. I flew for about 20 minutes on and off in about an hour long period. It was hot to the touch upon removing it and wouldn't charge so I found this thread. I also flew it to a lower battery level than normal, well below 20%, but not sure exactly.

I've had this happen with my Mavic batteries. They are a little over a year old and get regular use. When it's happened, with the battery not hooked up to anything, I press it twice, holding on the second press, just like when starting the aircraft. This seems to reset it and then it takes a charge and works normally again. If it were right out of the box, I'd prolly think twice.

I had heard about "force charging" on this forum, so I tried that. I pressed the on button on the battery once, then held it down until the battery turned on. (the same as if it was starting up in the bird) The battery came on with 2 lights, then I connected the charger and it charged fully.
worked fine for my 2 almost 0v old batteries. I mean, it´s not ideal to use those batteries, but for batteries that got the charge that low, pressing the buttom like you do to turn the device on and plugging the charger, worked just perfect
thank u

From memory (no manual close to hand) it might be too hot?
Correct. My battery blink if is connected to charger too soon after use in drone. Only enough to wait 5-10 mins to cool down then plug to charger and is all great with charging.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl