Phantom and Mission Planner

Reaction score
HI All

I have a Phantom and like it but now I would like it to fly auto missions. Has anyone done this, and if so how? It has the Naza pilot from day 1. I appreciate that it is time limited to about 6 minutes. but that is enough for me for now.
I have upgraded it every time there is one so it will always be up to date

Any help or advice will be gratefully received

Thanks in advance

D

If you want to fly autonomous missions you will need to replace the Naza with an APM or something similar.
There is someone on here who is doing this conversion. We're all waiting for the results.

I'm doing it with my 450 and the iPad ground station. I've sent it on a few missions. Most recently it took off from the mail box, flew around the block, then landed on the pool deck. Its not quite like flying a video game since its just a series of waypoints but it works. Its been expensive. I had it loaded with a zenmuse and fpv and the ground station and discovered that telling it to drop from 15 meters to 5 meters is great except it doesn't understand how much it weighs and doesn't kick the throttle up in time. Basically it dropped out of the sky. Once I took it all off and its just the 450 with the ground station, I've been more successful. You may want to over estimate some of your obstacles. A tree that I assumed was 40 feet tall was well over 60 feet tall and so I had to bust out a ladder and get the 450. I'm able to save all my "missions" so that I can fly them again later. I really like this part because I'm trying to get it to fly out of my driveway, over my neighbors tree, through another neighbors gazebo, under a bridge, across the beach, and land by a pool. So far I've gotten the tree and gazebo parts nails, the bridge I'm nervous to try and the beach/pool ending is a breeze.

phantomoperator said:
HI All

I have a Phantom and like it but now I would like it to fly auto missions. Has anyone done this, and if so how? It has the Naza pilot from day 1. I appreciate that it is time limited to about 6 minutes. but that is enough for me for now.
I have upgraded it every time there is one so it will always be up to date

Any help or advice will be gratefully received

Thanks in advance

D

It is certainly possible to fly auto missions with the Phantom. For a standard Phantom with NAZA-M v1 you will need to add the PMU v2 module, and buy the iPad Ground Station and Bluetooth (BTU) Module (which comes as a kit).

Connecting the PMU v2 is simple to do - unplug GPS from NAZA - solder power connections of PMU v2 to main board - plug PMU v2 to NAZA - and plug GPS into PMU v2. Then cut a small notch in the Phantom to connect the CANBUS cable from the externally mounted 2.4G Data Link Module.

The Ground End consists of a 2.4G transmitter and the Bluetooth (BTU) module. A PC/laptop or iPad can be used to create the missions for auto flight, and the iPad can also be used to manually fly the Phantom (overriding the stock transmitter).

The BTU module also has the added advantage of allowing the NAZA settings for be configured using the iPad/iPhone NAZA Assistant App.

You can create missions consisting of any number of waypoints, there is a Return Home option and the Flight Limits are overridden.

Attachments

• DSC00508.jpg
    DSC00508.jpg
    426.1 KB · Views: 1,778

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl