Phantom 5

Reaction score
Is there any truth to rumors of a phantom5 coming soon?
I have a p4 and want to upgrade to a phantom 5 but if it's gonna be
Years til it's out I will get a p4p now. How long til a phantom 5 comes out
If at all?

DJI has been releasing a new Phantom every year, so I'm assuming we'll see it announced before the end of the year.

DJI has been releasing a new Phantom every year, so I'm assuming we'll see it announced before the end of the year.

Thanks msinger. I will just be patient then I guess.
Lol.
Of course we want it now!!!!!!!
I'm hoping it's a different design of course. Something completely different would be sweet

AND, beware of the P4P if you want to run Litchi or other third party apps. Personally I prefer to furnishing my own screen to get the much larger viewing area. I just don't like being tied to DJI's flying platform and their screen even though it is brighter.
Just my thoughts.
Jim
WA5TEF

Reactions: JohnnyD913
AND, beware of the P4P if you want to run Litchi or other third party apps. Personally I prefer to furnishing my own screen to get the much larger viewing area. I just don't like being tied to DJI's flying platform and their screen even though it is brighter.
Just my thoughts.
Jim
WA5TEF

Wa5tef I absolutely agree. If I go with p4p it won't be the plus. I'm like you, I love my litchi and besides I'm a iPad man and the plus I believe is android based, right?
Yea only the p4pro will do in case I can't do a phantom5

Btw we got P4 Pro Obsidian just launched at IFA Berlin, but only look thing apparently.

DJI describes this as "a sleek matte-gray Obsidian color shell featuring a magnesium, electroplated and anti-fingerprint coated gimbal, which requires a higher standard manufacturing technique".

4890274b5f54cd469e5908353c3392fa.jpg

PS: DJI started to optimize blades, Mavic for now, hope same for Phantom series.
ac7bbdc43ad0df116d7dc98a36e09acc.jpg

Last edited:
This article reports DJI will announce the release date of the P5X on 11/15, the release-of-the-release-date, if you will.
DJI Phantom 5 X- Is Coming To Meet Your Expectations!! | Best New Drones 2018 Reviewed
The P5X is not coming and the author of that piece should be ashamed of themselves.
That article is a hoax and uses images from a concept video that DJI put out two years ago.
DJI - Phantom X Concept| DJI
You'll note that the current drones sold by DJI have significantly more advanced features than what is described.

Reactions: Pharm
The P5X is not coming and the author of that piece should be ashamed of themselves.
That article is a hoax and uses images from a concept video that DJI put out two years ago.
DJI - Phantom X Concept| DJI
You'll note that the current drones sold by DJI have significantly more advanced features than what is described.

Good to know, thanks. But wait, I read it on the internet so it has to be true...HaHaHa.

Reactions: Pharm
Even if DJI announced a new drone on 11/15, guessing, it would probably be 2-3 months before it would ship. Plus, would you want the first version and all the pains that go with it? It's been almost 2 months since the Mavic Platinum announcement and few have received it yet and that's a drone upgrade with minimal changes.

I see Powerextra now has battery ads on the forum.....I have read both good and bad about them...and totally understand the "get what you pay for" philosophy.....but how do they stay in business if the batts are bad ....and will the latest firmware accept them?

Reactions: Goslats
with it being Black friday im so tempted to upgrade my 3S to a Mavic Pro Platimum or 4Pro but i am thinking shall i hold out for a Phantom 5? surely we may seen one soon?

Or even a Mavic 2?

I don't think we'll see it this year, but it looks like it's going to happen. Here are some leaked photos/sketches of it:

Phantom 5 Leaks

yeh ive seen those, seems too good to be true though and cant tell if they are rendering or actual leaked images from DJI? hard to tell

The photo looks real. The renderings are from a guy who has somehow successfully rendered many DJI products before they've been released in the past.

Reactions: Green Phantom
The photo looks real. The renderings are from a guy who has somehow successfully rendered many DJI products before they've been released in the past.
According to DJI rep:

That is a China market only craft produced for power line inspections by DJI. As far as I know there is no Phantom 5 yet or any plans to bring the power line craft to the International market.

According to DJI rep:
That is a China market only craft produced for power line inspections by DJI. As far as I know there is no Phantom 5 yet or any plans to bring the power line craft to the International market.
That may be the story from one DJI person but .....
You don't develop a 15mm equivalent lens or a 24mm to use for powerline inspections.
And you don't develop the P4 pro further with features that would help it sell very well just for powerline inspections within China.
There may be no P5 yet but it's obviously a genuine P5 prototype and if the text that came with it is correct, it's not going to be available until well into next year.

Reactions: East Texas Cajun

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl