Phantom 4pro v2.0 camera vs Mavic 2pro

Reaction score
I’m no professional photographer just a simple recreational flier I watch a lot of videos on you tube on the best camera settings and play around with different settings to see what looks best.like I said I’m not no professional photographer but I have the phantom 4pro v2.0 and the Mavic 2 Pro and as I can see the phantom photos and videos look better on the phantom than the Mavic I set the camera settings the same maybe not doing something on the Mavic that I’m not aware any advice would be appreciated thanks

Reactions: bill combs
I’m no professional photographer just a simple recreational flier I watch a lot of videos on you tube on the best camera settings and play around with different settings to see what looks best.like I said I’m not no professional photographer but I have the phantom 4pro v2.0 and the Mavic 2 Pro and as I can see the phantom photos and videos look better on the phantom than the Mavic I set the camera settings the same maybe not doing something on the Mavic that I’m not aware any advice would be appreciated thanks
Both should be very good and there should not be much difference between them.
If you did a test shot from each of the same subject in the same lighting, it would help to see what's happening.
No need to fly or attach props, you could just set them up on a table etc in the backyard.

I have a Phantom 4; basic, which takes wonderful photos and video, but looking at a Mavic Pro for it's portability. Round trip airline trip costs $50 for my big case with the P4. I could just carry the Mavic in a back pack under the seat. Was wondering if the photos and videos taken with a Mavic Pro would be equivalent to the P4?

I have a Phantom 4; basic, which takes wonderful photos and video, but looking at a Mavic Pro for it's portability. Round trip airline trip costs $50 for my big case with the P4. I could just carry the Mavic in a back pack under the seat. Was wondering if the photos and videos taken with a Mavic Pro would be equivalent to the P4?
Just my 2 cents worth... I travel internationally with my Phantom 4 Adv in a hard shell backpack as a carry-on without any problems.

I have looked at several videos before making my purchase decision and I got the Phantom 4 Pro (cheaper than the Mavic 2 Pro if you can find one). The videos are "much" better than the Mavic 2 Pro. Look at my aerial footage on my channel SuperdanTech. Even dji acknowledged recently in a "leaked" statement that the Mavic 3 Pro would "improve/solve" camera quality! Like I said, the difference is significant, just look on YouTube. In my case since I travel to destinations by road, having a P4P at the back of my SUV is not a problem at all. Good luck!

Reactions: MTO

You are absolutely right and you have sharp eye too. The difference you see is simply because the Phantoms camera is better.

There is a Youtube video comparing the cameras. The guy used resolution targets with both drones and the P4P had quite a bit better quality.

His theory was that the Mavic sensor tended to overheat and DJI had to limit its performance as a result.

Sorry I can't find that video again.

Just my 2 cents worth... I travel internationally with my Phantom 4 Adv in a hard shell backpack as a carry-on without any problems.
That's a good 2 cents worth! I looked at backpacks, but I usually take a backpack on my flights with my tablet,a change of clothes...just in case, , so another would not be allowed. May have to rethink this. I sure love the video and photos I take with my P4. I'm not an expert photographer, I just like what I see. Went today for a short flight. Took this photo.
DJI_0632.JPG

As a pro photographer, I waited a while to acquire a drone until the cameras on these things finally got as good as the P4P. I still can't get the image quality like from my Canon full frame pro bodies, but the DJI is now acceptable. I do a lot of multi frame stitching for better file size. I'm waiting for the Mavic series to have a camera that is better than my P4P. I don't care much about video, but stills must be excellent. I don't know what model DJI will come out with next that will have a much better camera but I will want it.

Where did you hear that the Mavic stills being better than the Phantoms P4P?
That simply is not true. And comparing the quality of P4P stills with stills taken by a DSRL camera will be always on the side of DSLRs.

Just did the same and airport security took my drone out for extra screening and it got tossed out of the security bin and damaged. Now I’m in a claims case to get a new drone. Looking at upgrading my P4 to the Mavic 2 pro.

That simply is not true. And comparing the quality of P4P stills with stills taken by a DSRL camera will be always on the side of DSLRs.

Not sure who you are addressing here, Andy, but no one here said that.

Reactions: BigAl07

Andy I think you misunderstood his comment. He's waiting until the Mavic is better not stating that it currently is...

..... I'm waiting for the Mavic series to have a camera that is better than my P4P. I don't care much about video, but stills must be excellent. .....

Reactions: JeffreyS
Well, may be I really misinterpreted that statement, sorry. Really would be fine if DJI can do something like that about the Mavic.
Until then I'll be using my Phantom.

i have the ph4p2.0 mpp m2p and can say with confidence both the ph4p2.0 and m2p have the same high quality of pics and video with the m2p being alittle better with night shots but the p4 having more choices with settings.

This video (below) was taken over 12 months. Part with a P4P, part with a Mavic Air, and part with a Mavic 2 Pro. Most viewers will never know the difference. I had to do some post processing to get similar color and saturation. My sense is that most of the work to get comparable footage is done with post processing. I now do all my work with a Mavic 2 Pro as I think the portability and the long flight time are important to me.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This video (below) was taken over 12 months. Part with a P4P, part with a Mavic Air, and part with a Mavic 2 Pro. Most viewers will never know the difference. I had to do some post processing to get similar color and saturation. My sense is that most of the work to get comparable footage is done with post processing. I now do all my work with a Mavic 2 Pro as I think the portability and the long flight time are important to me.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Great video, nice scenery!
However, I must admit that I did not get to the end. For whatever reason the video does not have a bar at the bottom telling me how long it is. I watched and it went on and on. maybe I was 5 seconds from the end but maybe I was five minutes from the end! LOL. Usually a good sweet spot to Showcase a particular location is just under 60 Seconds. Just my opinion. Thanks for sharing your video!

For whatever reason the video does not have a bar at the bottom telling me how long it is.

That's a new one on me too. Perhaps it is an unusual video file format.

In any case, I finally noticed that when I move my mouse over the video while it is playing, a Pause icon briefly appears in the middle of the screen. At the bottom of the Pause (or play if you've clicked pause) icon is a blueish progress bar.

Great video, nice scenery!
However, I must admit that I did not get to the end. For whatever reason the video does not have a bar at the bottom telling me how long it is. I watched and it went on and on. maybe I was 5 seconds from the end but maybe I was five minutes from the end! LOL. Usually a good sweet spot to Showcase a particular location is just under 60 Seconds. Just my opinion. Thanks for sharing your video!

I agree ... normally my individual clips are shorter and my total time is under 2 minutes. This video was initially made to give to the Head Light organization something they could work with to make something to bring in revenue at their gift shop. I thought they could edit it further or, maybe, someone buying it to remember their visit might want the full length.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan