Phantom 4k gimbal on professional

Reaction score
Hello, 1st time poster long time stalker.
I recently crashed my pro(2' off the ground) that was having some gimbal twitching issues to start with, it separated the ribbon cable, I replaced it with multiple aftermarket then a oem one and it would just go to "gimbal disconnected" on the app and limp. I replaced all the cables back to the main board with no luck,
So I recently purchased a new Phantom 4k copter (that had connection issues with the controller)and tried to use the new working gimbal on my pro and the large cable became hot quickly and now the 4k gimbal board is unresponsive. I guess my pro fried the new 4k gimbal.
Are they not compatible? Is there a part I need to change thats causing that on the pro? I'm done throwing money at this thing

As far as I know, P3 4k not compatible with P3 pro.
That would make me feel better about what happened, but as far as I have read it sounds like a firmware problem not a meltdown, what I am worried about is plugging in another camera/gimbal to the pro

Just get a P3 Pro cam and gimbal and hopefully you will be ok. Sell the P3 4k cam for parts or as-is.

Hello, 1st time poster long time stalker.
I recently crashed my pro(2' off the ground) that was having some gimbal twitching issues to start with, it separated the ribbon cable, I replaced it with multiple aftermarket then a oem one and it would just go to "gimbal disconnected" on the app and limp. I replaced all the cables back to the main board with no luck,
So I recently purchased a new Phantom 4k copter (that had connection issues with the controller)and tried to use the new working gimbal on my pro and the large cable became hot quickly and now the 4k gimbal board is unresponsive. I guess my pro fried the new 4k gimbal.
Are they not compatible? Is there a part I need to change thats causing that on the pro? I'm done throwing money at this thing
The P34K is not compatible with the P3P.
We get this exact question often. Perhaps once every 2 weeks since the P34K was released.

If I were you, I'd look for P3P parts, or even P3A parts if you don't need the 4K video and the 10Mb/s video downlink.

Just get a P3 Pro cam and gimbal and hopefully you will be ok. Sell the P3 4k cam for parts or as-is.
This is exactly what I'm worried about. If I buy another $300 camera/gimbal and it fries the new one, was the 4k comapible with the pro to begin with or am I just setting myself up for another $300 purchase and going to burn up another gimbal?

You might have fried your gimbal board. Take whiff of it, and if you smell something burned thats probably what happened.

Thats why I was saying to get another Pro 4k cam and gimbal. After you get the replacement cam and gimbal, hook it up and see what happens. If you dont get video/signal, then it might be your bird thats the problem and you might be able to return the new cam and get a new Pro body only.

Ted on PP is selling some used P3P cameras and gimbals. Im not sure he accepts returns, but his prices are very reasonable. Heres his post:

Cameras and drones

Last edited:
You might have fried your gimbal board. Take whiff of it, and if you smell something burned thats probably what happened.

Thats why I was saying to get another Pro 4k cam and gimbal. After you get the replacement cam and gimbal, hook it up and see what happens. If you dont get video/signal, then it might be your bird thats the problem and you might be able to return the new cam and get a new Pro body only.

Ted on PP is selling some used P3P cameras and gimbals.
I used the "what if" money I had on the plug in 4k gimbal and it fried....the large cable got hot enough that I moved my finger away.
The question is.. is m

Ted on PP is selling some used P3P cameras and gimbals. Im not sure he accepts returns, but his prices are very reasonable. Heres his post:

Cameras and drones
and spend

Cameras and drones
I'm looking for answers why it fried, if I buy a 4k professional gimbal/cameras and I fries I'm still in the same boat and I'm not willing to that even if I had $400 on a guess

Sell your whole rig as-is and buy a new/used one. They're cheap enough now.
I'm up to 2 (cheap)new/used ones, I just bought a whole phantom 4k.
So if you bolt a Phantom 4k gimbal to your Professional copter it will burn up????

Try the Phantom 3 4k gimbal again on your Phantom 3 4k drone. See if it works on that one. You said it doesnt work on your Phantom 3 Pro.

Thinking I might just scrap this drone out, I can't risk burning another gimbal board. Try and see is not the answer, I was hoping for a more technical response

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan